[possible solution][X99] OsxAptioFixDrv: requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

xeye

79 posts in this topic

Did you see black screen with 5_ at the start?

You also can choose Clover BiosBlockIO. It sometimes works better. 

I do not see a 5_, but I am still having problems. Here is what I have tried:

1. Don't Update, ESP, 64-bit SATA: see attached runtime allocation error picture.

2. Don't Update, ESP, BiosBlockIO: black screen after Clover home screen. Nothing else happens.

3. Boot0af, ESP, BiosBlockIO: runtime allocation error (I was able to boot once, then not again even after clearing kernelcache)

4. Boot0af, ESP, 64-bit SATA: runtime allocation error.

Am I doing something wrong? Just left everything else on default, including the config.plist as the actual OS is not the problem. Anyone else on Legacy Clover?

In other news, BIOS 1502 on my X99 Deluxe no longer needs the 10.9.5 rollback kexts. Xeon CPU's do not need the kernel patch, so this is officially a very very easy Chameleon installation these days. I do prefer kext autopatching, true UEFI, and a superior SMBIOS generator though =/

Oh, and VoodooTSCSync is only necessary for wake from sleep (been like that for several BIOS updates now). Can that be addressed via SSDT? or MADT?

post-358090-0-37601200-1426538331_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I do not see a 5_, but I am still having problems. Here is what I have tried:

1. Don't Update, ESP, 64-bit SATA: see attached runtime allocation error picture.

2. Don't Update, ESP, BiosBlockIO: black screen after Clover home screen. Nothing else happens.

3. Boot0af, ESP, BiosBlockIO: runtime allocation error (I was able to boot once, then not again even after clearing kernelcache)

4. Boot0af, ESP, 64-bit SATA: runtime allocation error.

Am I doing something wrong? Just left everything else on default, including the config.plist as the actual OS is not the problem. Anyone else on Legacy Clover?

In other news, BIOS 1502 on my X99 Deluxe no longer needs the 10.9.5 rollback kexts. Xeon CPU's do not need the kernel patch, so this is officially a very very easy Chameleon installation these days. I do prefer kext autopatching, true UEFI, and a superior SMBIOS generator though =/

Oh, and VoodooTSCSync is only necessary for wake from sleep (been like that for several BIOS updates now). Can that be addressed via SSDT? or MADT?

I just saw your post, and it finally made me realize what is the problem that I have, too.

I have just purchased Asus X99 Deluxe together with 5960x cpu, planning to install Yosemite. I have updated to 1601 bios version in 30 minutes after assembling the system. I have tried different install methods, none succeded ( stuck either at "PCI configuration begin" or "The system uptime in nanoseconds" , and when using Clover I got into the same error " waiting 10 seconds before exiting, just like you did. Is BIOS version causing that ? Is it possible to downgrade it to a lower version of bios ? What version would you recommend ?  Thank you for your time!

I just saw your post, and it finally made me realize what is the problem that I have, too.

I have just purchased Asus X99 Deluxe together with 5960x cpu, planning to install Yosemite. I have updated to 1601 bios version in 30 minutes after assembling the system. I have tried different install methods, none succeded ( stuck either at "PCI configuration begin" or "The system uptime in nanoseconds" , and when using Clover I got into the same error " waiting 10 seconds before exiting, just like you did. Is BIOS version causing that ? Is it possible to downgrade it to a lower version of bios ? What version would you recommend ?  Thank you for your time!

I have just purchased Asus X99 Deluxe together with 5960x cpu, planning to install Yosemite. I have updated to 1601 bios version in 30 minutes after assembling the system. I have tried different install methods, none succeded ( stuck either at "PCI configuration begin" or "The system uptime in nanoseconds" , and when using Clover I got into the same error " waiting 10 seconds before exiting, just like you did. Is BIOS version causing that ? Is it possible to downgrade it to a lower version of bios ? What version would you recommend ? Thank you for your time!

Voodootscsync is necessary for booting without CPUs=1. Your PCI configuration begin error is because you need to roll back appleacpiplatform.kext and iopcifamily.kext to the 10.9.5 versions. For unknown reasons the 5960x will not boot Yosemite unless you do this. Stinga11 has posted them in the kernel patch thread somewhere and they are also in rampagedev's x99 dmg. My suggestion is to boot your drive from your old hack or a real mac and install the kexts. Make sure you clear the kernel cache otherwise it will still try to use the old ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about turning back to Legacy Bios Boot.

I am getting this bug recurrently even after uninstalling Nvidia Web Drivers. This was, UEFi Boot in clover is unfeasible.

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I just had a problem with El Capitan GM installer not booting up. (Latest Clover version doesn't even boot the last DP.) OsxAptioFixDrv was telling that it couldn't fit 0x1216D pages to 0x16162 available pages (Like WTF, right?!). So I did have a look at the code and it seems that whoever wrote it, was clearly on something stronger than air.

UpperAddr = *Memory + EFI_PAGES_TO_SIZE(NumberOfPages);

// check if the requested mem can be served from reloc block
if (UpperAddr >= EFI_PAGES_TO_SIZE(gRelocSizePages)) { 

Err, what? It compares the end offset of the memory area (to be relocated) to the byte size of the relocation area.

Fixed it:

// check if the requested mem can be served from reloc block
if (NumberOfPages >= gRelocSizePages) { 

and also reverted the

-#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES 0x8000

+#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES 0x4000

Here's the blob

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojewwdc22yp4zbv/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?dl=0

AND IT WORKS!!! :w00t: 

on

MSI X99S SLi Plus

• Like 6

To facilitate the installation of X79 and X99, I'm doing a post-install package.

Hoping you will like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53ykjh7jt6wozdw/Post-Installer%20X79-X99.dmg.zip?dl=0

I am French package is French because English and me that makes two.

Fred  :wink_anim:

Hi,

Thx Okrasit

Successful installation of Deluxe Asus X99 Cpu 5960x on Yosemite10.10.5

Fred :wink_anim:

post-1181448-0-89142500-1443429177_thumb.png

So I did have a look at the code and it seems that whoever wrote it, was clearly on something stronger than air.

The code was entirely correct the way it was before you introduced writing out-of-bound memory. Maybe you should first look at how the relocation block even works before you get harsh against dmazar, one of the most skilled persons of the community who sadly didn't find time to properly document what is going on. If you need information on why it is wrong, check the x99 ticket on SourceForge.

Edit: Commited to 3277 as there was no further response from neither Slice or okrasit in about 5 days. Cut a little overreaction from the post, sorry for that.

• Like 3

Since i trust analysis from Download-Fritz, I had no problem installing El Cap final on my X99 using Clover r3277. I image I would have had the same outcome using r3263 thru r3273, without the Okrasit changes...

Thank you for the information I will test it

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To facilitate the installation of X79 and X99, I'm doing a post-install package.

Hoping you will like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53ykjh7jt6wozdw/Post-Installer%20X79-X99.dmg.zip?dl=0

I am French package is French because English and me that makes two.

Fred  :wink_anim:

Oh man. very nice build.Thank you.

I have x99 gaming wifi please add this kexts too.

This VoodooHDA.kext only worked Creative sound core 3d chip.

my kexts.zip

• Like 1

Oh man. very nice build.Thank you.

I have x99 gaming wifi please add this kexts too.

This VoodooHDA.kext only worked Creative sound core 3d chip.

I will update with Voodoo 2.8.8, 2.8.7 works for Creative 3D sound core.

I can add AppleIntelE1000e.kext but there intelmausi (GB Lan)

I will update tomorrow

post-1181448-0-58352600-1444773647_thumb.png

New package if you want to test

Fred

Thank you. I will test and replay later.Can I know This installer support EFI too?

Yes , this installer support EFI

its take long time running package scripts..

a little but nothing more

Try other USB later thank you.