XFX R9 270X DD and OS X

andrew.j.aguirre

4 posts in this topic

So, yesterday, I finally upgraded my blazing GeForce GTS 250 by purchasing an XFX R9 270X (honestly, I think my onboard graphics are better). I bought it because everything that I read was that it was working OOB under Yosemite.

Unfortunately, I could not get it to work properly. I've been searching online for troubleshooting threads, but, I am at a loss. If I do no injections, it will show up as "Display 5 MB" in the About this Mac window. When I inject "0x68101002" into ATI, it shows up as mostly correct as "ATI R9 270X 5 MB". Of course, because of the five megabyte graphics memory, the transitions are very choppy, and just overall horrible performance.

Does anyone have some insight on what could be wrong? Thank you!

What u do is very simple  get both these Kexts -> http://cl.ly/1Y193z230L40 

Install ehm via Kext Utility ( Drag and Drop)

Once they done installing open up a Terminal Window

run this line ( takes a bit )

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

when done Reboot and u should have Full Resolution and Working QE/CI 

all that was done running Clover 3168 / 10.10.1 / AMD System  without InjectATI set to true 

kext-dev-mode=1 ( should be set in the Bootflags offcourse)

Good Luck 

Thank you, but no avail. :(

I've tried multiple times to get that to work. Upon installing kexts, and running the kextcache script, I could not restart my computer into OS X. Every time I would get an error when booting with -v that is "OsxAptioFixDrv: requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation bloc". I researched that error, but nothing worked. I then have to boot using a flash drive and Chameleon, and reinstall Yosemite.

Decided to exchange it for a GTX 760. After a little tinkering with booting up, it runs perfectly. And, no fear of upgrading to 10.10.2. It is a bummer that I couldn't get the r9 270X working, but, I must have changed something over time that stopped it from working properly.