Almost there, I just need to adjust kext! Lenovo s430

razorgallo

7 posts in this topic

So, I'm installing Yosemite 10.10.2 on my Lenovo s430 (fantastic machine). Almost everything is working thanks to the help of some of you!

I just have to figure out some of the remaining issues before posting a complete guide from which everyone can benefit!

Issues to be solved:

• Battery status not displaying. I understood it has something to do with DSDT and therefore it is beyond my understanding (I could try but I need a starting hint). I have Clover.
  • Sound is working with VoodooHDA but it's extremely low whereas plugging in earphones is fine. Maybe I should use other kexts?
  • SDCard not working (maybe never will?)
  • Microphone not working
  • Each time the system boots it searches bluetooth keyboards.

I hope some of you may help me solving my issues. I'll then post a full guide to help everyone out there. This is an awesome machine to run Yosemite from. Even at this point I am completely satisfied and beyond expectations.

EDIT 1: I solved the low volume issue by changing the output in sound settings under system preferences

EDIT2: Solved bluetooth problem by unchecking the option to search for a bluetooth keyboard under system preferences

Edited by razorgallo

• 2 years later...

I know this is quite historical, but i've just banged High Sierra onto a Thinkpad Edge s430 - in fact typing from it now. Just about to patch the DSDT - was wondering if you just happened to have a summary of the patches you made for it?

Thanks

Mac Junky