First time Hackintosh Snow Leopard on Lenovo B570 with core I5

MIBPreacher

38 posts in this topic

I was able to install using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a full install dvd of 10.6.3 but I have no internet so far either wireless or wired. I need to get the boot editor working but have to get internet going first.

#1 - Post your hardware configs. 

#2 - For install kexts read this:

Install Chameleon bootloader – speedstep and installing kexts (Legacy BIOS)

Install Clover bootloader – speedstep and installing kexts (UEFI)

# 3 - For create a Penboot (OS X installer inside a Pendrive) using Windows, go in Olarila forum > English Forum > Find the OS X what you want, and follow the instructions.

Ok so far I was able to install the kexts for my wireless and other hardware that I found in this forum. I can browse wifi sites and connect but it just sits there and then I get a ! On my wifi icon.

If I go and find another version, would I be able to upgrade or wipe all this progress?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well I dont have a mac or access to one to download a copy of OSX.  I have a copy of Yosemite on a bootable thumbdrive.  however its not bootable on a windows laptop so I need to find a go between but so far all that I keep reading says I have to have a mac and then go from there.  Surely there is a bootable ISO that will get me inbetween my windows laptop and the bootable usb stick...

Well it's not that easy, I downloaded the 10.10 raw file and successfully copied the file to my 8gb patriot drive but it's not bootable. The instructions called for me to use an imager after the raw file was copied but all it did was want to burn a dmg file. This is getting really frustrating...

Access chat to get download link (channel topic).

MD5 (OS X 10.10 Install USB.raw) = c5238c06ac258cbd8f51eeefb37b7db7

- Copy the .raw file to an USB stick. (Did that no problem but NTFS only worked not FAT32)

For Windows

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Create_a_Liv ... ng_Windows. (Not sure which one to use. Instructions in general suck)

or

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ (i tried this but it wants apple packages not raw files)

If you have error during copy, eject and re-connect the pen drive. When Windows asks if you want to format it, cancel and run Image Writer again.

If the problem persists, disable your anti-virus software, it may be blocking raw write to the drive

So i found a way for me to copy the raw file over to my thumb drive while having it formatted as FAT32. As a 8gb drive windows 8.1 says there is not enough space. I used a freeware program called HDD Raw Copy Tool 1.10 which is free for home use. It is writing the raw image right now. Fingers crossed

hfs:mounted Hackintosh on device disk0s2

IOGraphics flags 0x43

Previous Shutdown cause: 5

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start - WaitForService(ResourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate {181000} failed

{AGPM Controller} unknownPlatform

and then it goes black.  The backlist led is still lit but there is no data on the screen.

I tried a couple times and same result.

I also downloaded 10.9.5 and I copied that to a thumbdrive.  Will try that now.

it is video.

you dont need another version, just use smbios of macbook pro 8.1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

mount the efi partition in windows, put the smbios inside the extra folder and boot legacy, by pressing 1 when you turn the pc on. type GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v and see if it works.

here it is> SMBios.plist.zip

When I boot to the thumbdrive, nothing happens when I tap 1 while booting.  I even tried tapping 1 every other second from the moment I booted the laptop to the time I see the clover menu.  I do see where I can edit the bootup options and add arguments.  Can I do that there?  I did mount the file and will try again now.