Toshiba Satellite L845 no DSDT

SnakeHaveYou

13 posts in this topic

Hello, after a week, finally managed to get the OS to keep working through reboots, hehe..
But i have some doubts..

Here's my system:

- Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4105LA- Intel Core i7-3632QM- 6GB RAM DDR3- AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB (there's no Intel IGP)- WLAN Atheros AR9285 (i swapped this card from my girfriend's Lenovo S10-3T)- 1TB GPT HDD

Here's my config:

- No DSDT- Clover EFI (latest version)- Clover config.plist created with Clover Configurator- Yosemite 10.10.1

Here are my doubts:

1- I don't know if my Clover settings are safe, or correct for my system..
2- I got the AR9285 working, but if:

Empty Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kextWLAN works
Edited Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kextWLAN not working
Edited Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kext and AR9285Injector.kextWLAN working

Yes, i'm using the latest settings, but what would cause this issue? Is there anything in my clover.config that disable the ability to use the AR9285 with vanilla kexts without any modified one?

3- I got no GPU acceleration, it's detected in System info as AMD Mobility Radeon 7670, and the vanilla kext loaded.. But i need to test more on this (i don't need an answer right now :P )
I got the 7670m working with acceleration without using a DSDT

Thanks!

BTW, is this the correct section to ask this? Or in Post-Installation?

MacBookProSHU.tar

config.plist.zip

ROM.zip

Thank you, but i'm not using DSDT.. The AR9285 is working without the DSDT.aml using the latest configuration (edited config.plist and 9285injector.kext) and with the first one (empty config.plist and vanilla kexts).. But not working with the edited config.plist and vanilla kexts..

I like how my system is working with my current configuration, but i need to understand why my edited config.plist is causing this..

(Sorry about my english, i don't know if i sound rude :P )

A quick question about the patch.. In previous installs, i used a DSDT, but i noticed that your patch is looking for RP02, and my AR9285 is in RP03 in the IOReg of my system.. Should i change:

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP02 replace_content  begin
to

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP03 replace_content  begin
?

WifiInjector.kext.zip

Thank you, but i'm not using DSDT.. The AR9285 is working without the DSDT.aml using the latest configuration (edited config.plist and 9285injector.kext) and with the first one (empty config.plist and vanilla kexts).. But not working with the edited config.plist and vanilla kexts..

I like how my system is working with my current configuration, but i need to understand why my edited config.plist is causing this..

(Sorry about my english, i don't know if i sound rude :P )

A quick question about the patch.. In previous installs, i used a DSDT, but i noticed that your patch is looking for RP02, and my AR9285 is in RP03 in the IOReg of my system.. Should i change:

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP02 replace_content  begin
to

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP03 replace_content  begin
?

u have unstick wlan in dsdt and use kext wifi injector :D

Hi, i have the same graphics card as yours and i am having a problem.

my resolution is stuck in 1024x768, but my native resolution should be 1366x768.

Further than that, system information only shows that my graphics memory is 3mb.

I have yosemite with chameleon bootloader installed.

I'm using Clover because my System is EFI compatible, so i'm not using Chameleon..

Also i find easier to configure an EFI bootloader partition because is easier to backup, restore and create it..

What notebook do you have?

You'll only have 1024MB of RAM if you have full acceleration..

About the resolution, i think it's because of a wrong EDID..

Hi, i have the same graphics card as yours and i am having a problem.

my resolution is stuck in 1024x768, but my native resolution should be 1366x768.

Further than that, system information only shows that my graphics memory is 3mb.

I have yosemite with chameleon bootloader installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kH9TDSlejPc

Hello all members of Insanelymac.com and Macintosh.vn!

I am Anonymousnbs and today I’ll show you how to make a Yosemite USB Installer using Clover boot loader for UEFI system.
Special thanks to Pokenguyen, Son Huynh and other guys in Insanelymac.com and Macintosh.vn!

Here are several things you need to prepare before creating a USB installer:
 1. One USB 8GB stick.
 2. Yosemite installer downloaded form AppStore or you may use these following links:

3. File Clover.zip downloaded via https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5gecc1q0kimtao/Clover.zip

NOW, LET’S START!

STEP 1:
 1. Connect your USB (2.0 or 3.0 port)
 2. Format your USB using Disk Utility: 
 - Choose the USB
 - Under Partition tab, create 2 partitions as following:
  + CLOVER with the size of 300MB (0.3Gb) needs to be formatted as FAT.
  + Macintosh: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
  + Choose GUID Partition Table in Options, then click Apply and wait for several minutes.

STEP 2:
 1. Right click on OS X Yosemite.app - Show Package Contents - Contents - SharedSupport  - mount InstallESD.dmg
 2. Open Terminal and type:
  defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
  Sudo Killall Finder
  3. Come back to OS X Install ESD mounted, you’ll see some hidden files, double click on  BaseSystem.dmg to mount it.

STEP 3:
 1. Open Disk Utility - OSX Base System - Restore
 2. Drag the usb partition Macintosh to Destination
 3. Click Restore and wait for some minutes.

STEP 4:
 1. Open OS X Base System restored to your USB - System - Installation - delete alias  Packages
 2. Open OS X Install ESD, copy folder Packages to USB/System/Installation/Packages
 3. Copy 2 hidden files including BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to your USB (top  level)

STEP 5: Install Clover Bootloader 
 1. Unzip Clover.zip and copy the folder inside to CLOVER partition created in STEP 1.
 2. Make config.plist for your own computer by using Mackintosh Vietnam Tool. Upon your  computer hardware configuration, choose suitable CPU, Graphics, Bootflags and Kexts to  Patches.

Now, you’ve already had a Yosemite USB Installer. Just restart your pc and change it to a Mac PC.

Thank you for watching!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the  same model of notebook that you (Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4105LA). I read the post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304345-toshiba-satellite-l845-no-dsdt/ and I downloaded your config.plist. But, The video does not work properly in addition to other things . Can you send me your Clover EFI Folder? Thank you a lot.

Hello, after a week, finally managed to get the OS to keep working through reboots, hehe..
But i have some doubts..

Here's my system:

- Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4105LA- Intel Core i7-3632QM- 6GB RAM DDR3- AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB (there's no Intel IGP)- WLAN Atheros AR9285 (i swapped this card from my girfriend's Lenovo S10-3T)- 1TB GPT HDD
Here's my config:
- No DSDT- Clover EFI (latest version)- Clover config.plist created with Clover Configurator- Yosemite 10.10.1
Here are my doubts:

1- I don't know if my Clover settings are safe, or correct for my system..
2- I got the AR9285 working, but if:
Empty Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kextWLAN works
Edited Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kextWLAN not working
Edited Clover config.plistVanilla WLAN kext and AR9285Injector.kextWLAN working
Yes, i'm using the latest settings, but what would cause this issue? Is there anything in my clover.config that disable the ability to use the AR9285 with vanilla kexts without any modified one?

3- I got no GPU acceleration, it's detected in System info as AMD Mobility Radeon 7670, and the vanilla kext loaded.. But i need to test more on this (i don't need an answer right now :P )
I got the 7670m working with acceleration without using a DSDT

Thanks!

BTW, is this the correct section to ask this? Or in Post-Installation?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry for being late.. I've updated the files in the first post.. Take in mind that you need to uncompress those zip files before copying!!

Config.plist.zip is the Config.plist of Clover.. That file should be in EFI/CLOVER folder..

ROM.zip is the folder that contains the VBios from the 7670m 1GB, that folder should be in EFI/CLOVER folder..

The folder structure should be like this:

EFI/CLOVER/Config.plist

EFI/CLOVER/ROM/1002_6840.rom

Some notes..

The Config.plist has standard SSDT management.. That means Clover will automatically generate the P and C states.. You should modify this as you needs..

Sleep/Suspend is not working, of course it's because there's something wrong with my Config.plist, but you can try to try settings and see..

This is important!

Please use the latest Clover and the latest Clover Configurator!

In case that something goes wrong, is useful to have a pendrive that contains the latest susseful Clover folder, i mean, the complete EFI partition, so if the system is not booting, you can boot from the pendrive.

The pendrive should be GPT formated..

• 1 month later...

Hi Snake, i'm owner of the same laptop model as you do. I'd like to install Yosemite on this, but the process is not easy n' go, and I'm still having some doubts about doing it...

I'd like to know how are you doing since switching to Yosemite on your PC, if you'd have some unpleasant problems worth to tell it, else than the energy management issue.

Thank you in advance!