On 6/21/2021 at 7:43 PM, WeBeRiO said:

InMonterey no work correcty i219-V, only 100mb/s :(

No, all is good

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 05.39.58.png

% sudo kextstat | grep -v pple
Password:
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   19    3 0                  0x18000    0x18000    org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.3) 503675DF-E091-38F2-AE0C-5A1F93D84E15 <15 9 7 6 3>
   20    0 0                  0x10000    0x10000    org.slice.RadeonMonitor (1.3.5) 09B20CAE-4A50-34F9-BA72-5996FB7F2386 <19 16 9 6 3>
   52    0 0                  0x11000    0x11000    org.slice.IntelCPUMonitor (1.2.5) 5601DBF8-2C70-364B-9359-816108A00582 <19 9 7 6 3>
   53    0 0                  0x11000    0x11000    org.mozodojo.ITEIT87x (1.0.7) C1AEA9CC-79B7-32A6-AF30-CF9F2F5ADA2E <19 9 7 6 3>
   74    0 0                  0x2e000    0x2e000    com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet (2.5.1d1) 624E285C-5E23-3941-B23C-980E71F7227E <50 16 7 6 3 1>
  118    0 0xffffff7f9a2eb000 0x25000    0x25000    org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (2.9.7) 224E762A-1DFE-3C36-988D-9D7371A39434 <110 16 9 7 6 3>
  121    0 0xffffff7f9a20e000 0x2000     0x2000     com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver (3.7.0) 35E739F9-BF6C-3024-A67C-750711B3FB64 <9 7 6 3>

• Like 1

The kext from acidanthera is a copy of original with debugging ability (so why 100baseT?).

See their Readme

Do use the original version when uncertain. No support or troubleshooting provided.

3 hours ago, WeBeRiO said:

Same error with your kext :(

image.thumb.png.b27a7cd740459869e36c79b0e8bfeded.png

May be your router doesn't allow to use 1000?

I don't know. There is also an observation that I used Clover while you used OC. FakeSMC vs VirtualSMC.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

@Mieze I noticed that you updated the code in GitHub to support WOL from S5. Previously I had to modify the source code (and compile it myself) to force those arguments to true. Can you explain the best way to enable it? Is it by editing the value in the Info.plist file?

Also do you have a compiled version of this kext working for Mojave? Thanks again!

EDIT: Duh! You posted the full explanation along with the compiled kext a few posts above! I’ll give that a shot. 👍
EDIT 2: The build you posted above is working flawlessly on my machine (macOS Mojave 10.14.6) and WOL is working as intended. Thanks for your continued support to this project!

Edited by CoBrA2168

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fiftythink said:

Are there any technical possibilities to understand why it does not work?
Other users have the same problem, they even tried Mojave and the Internet was not detected on it either

If you can use Xcode then you have many possibility to interfere as the driver is open sourced.

@fiftythink Looks like this issue is popping up every few years and I remember that I already investigated this issue a long time ago and came to the conclusion that it's not the driver but the NIC's AML which prevents the driver from taking control of the chip. If it can't be disabled, there is no way to make the NIC work with the driver.

Mieze

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fiftythink said:

Is this a BIOS problem?

Basically Mieze's investigation led to the conclusion this is some sort of DSDT related problem, the only way to fix it could be to see what's different with the dsdt of a similar computer, having the same chip but working, and then coming up with a custom ssdt file or a patched dsdt. It must be basically some quirk with macOS and how the system that let's drivers use devices works, because the os basically uses the dsdt, ssdt, ... etc to identify devices in the computer and then identify the needed drivers for each of them, those things are referred to as aml tables since they are provvided by the computer to the os in the aml format.

15 minutes ago, fiftythink said:

Well, I have another macos computer with a board Asus Maximus VIII HERO. it uses the same chip as mine (intel l219v). Can this help somehow?

You need to extract the dsdt from both systems and look for some help figuring out a custom dsdt for the problematic system, this isn't stuff i can help you with.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have a Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 board with an intel I219V2 gigabit ethernet port, and I'm using OC 0.7.6 and Intel Mausi (RIP cat) 1.0.7 (as it's the latest I could find).  It works perfectly in Big Sur 11.4, however, I created a test drive with 12.1 Monetary, and although the kext starts and runs as expected (shows up in kextstat) , and the port shows up in system profile and system preferences as expected, and the NIC blinks as you would expect when I plug in the cable, macOS doesn't recognize anything as being connected.  It just says "Not Connected" in system preferences. 
I've gone back and forth between 11.4 and 12.1 several times without making any OC configuration or version changes and each time it works in 11.4 and doesn't in 12.1.

PS. I saw referenced somewhere else online an Intel Mausi version 1.0.8 but it's not in the official GitHub. Is that what I need? And if so, where is it? 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, help the leopard clamshell said:

Hello, I have a Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 board with an intel I219V2 gigabit ethernet port, and I'm using OC 0.7.6 and Intel Mausi (RIP cat) 1.0.7 (as it's the latest I could find).  It works perfectly in Big Sur 11.4, however, I created a test drive with 12.1 Monetary, and although the kext starts and runs as expected (shows up in kextstat) , and the port shows up in system profile and system preferences as expected, and the NIC blinks as you would expect when I plug in the cable, macOS doesn't recognize anything as being connected.  It just says "Not Connected" in system preferences. 
I've gone back and forth between 11.4 and 12.1 several times without making any OC configuration or version changes and each time it works in 11.4 and doesn't in 12.1.

PS. I saw referenced somewhere else online an Intel Mausi version 1.0.8 but it's not in the official GitHub. Is that what I need? And if so, where is it? 

Update: 
Someone on the hackintosh discord recommended I  try downgrading the an old version of the  kext, i thought they were a little crazy, but I downgraded to 1.0.5 and sure enough it works fine now.  That should greatly help any developer find and fix the issue.  

Please let me know when a new version comes out!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am just not able to get "Wake for network access" working in macOS (Monterey 12.5 21G72) with an Intel i219-V NIC, being a network controller that is integrated as standard on a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 mobo:

I tested many versions of IntelMausi.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext including the @jpz4085 as well as the "fishercode" versions of IntelMausi-WOL.kext, and IntelMausiEthernet-WOL.kext

All of them work well, Ethernet wise, but none will wake when receiving WOL packets from the network. 

When I set the i219-V controller "inactive" in "System Preferences" and network with a PCIe

DGE-560T add-on card instead, "Wake for network access" is working properly, however I need the PCIe slot, presently still being occupied by the add-on DGE-560T NIC.

At the moment I am running IntelMausi.kext version 1.08.

For this kext I have configured the placeholder IOKitPersonalities-->IOPCIMatch to only contain 0x15B88086 as a value, this I have obtained from Windows, thereby eliminating 50 other entries that do not apply to this particular NIC.

"Wake for network access" works well in Windows.

Currently I am in a deadlock and would appreciate some assistance to try and get me out of that.

Greetings Henties.

Edited by Henties

On 8/10/2022 at 5:12 AM, Henties said:

All of them work well, Ethernet wise, but none will wake when receiving WOL packets from the network.

Is the problem with WOL from sleep, WOL from shutdown or both?

On 8/10/2022 at 5:12 AM, Henties said:

"Wake for network access" works well in Windows.

Using the same BIOS settings I assume. Correct?

@jpz4085 Yes correct same bios settings. To me it seems that the IntelMausi.kext, and it's many variations, are performing more like half backed eggs, with their basic functionality working quite well over a wide spectrum of hardware. This kext is trying to provide functionality to at  least 51 variation of NICs within its ambit, something which I believe is a huge ask with "Wake for network access" only working in the rarest of environments.

Over the years I have only been successful using WOL with this kext on very few occasions, as a result of which I changed to using  

D-Link DGE-560T PCIe add-on NICs on all my hacks, with "Wake for network access working from anywhere to anywhere throughout my network comprising 10 computers.

The only disadvantage is that I sacrifice a PCIe slot with this approach, a slot I desperately need for some other functionality. 

In the meantime I am using a PCIe 16 slot to provide the other functionality needed, with a side effect that that my RX 580 DGPU is now plodding along with only 8 lanes as opposed to 16 lanes, which would be ideal to get to that stage again.

I was however quite surprised to learn that with 8 lanes the general performance is only marginally reduced with this mode of operation, the attached screenshots tell the story.

I would however nevertheless welcome a solution enabling me to phase out the DGE-560T NIC and using a properly working IntelMausi.kext for the onboard i219-V NIC instead.

Hoping you can assist me to accomplish that.

Oh forgot, WOL is malfunctioning when trying to wake the hack from sleep, wake from shutdown (S5) is not required in my environment

Greetings Henties. 

8-Lane result.png

16-Lane result.png

Edited by Henties

9 hours ago, Henties said:

...something which I believe is a huge ask with "Wake for network access" only working in the rarest of environments.

9 hours ago, Henties said:

Oh forgot, WOL is malfunctioning when trying to wake the hack from sleep, wake from shutdown (S5) is not required in my environment

I assume WOL from sleep has never worked with the i219-V on your Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3. Is that correct?

If so are you using any ACPI patches that would power down the network controller during sleep to prevent instant wake issues?

You could test whether the kext is even able to set the power mode and Magic Packet filter required for WOL by temporarily enabling wake from S5. That would at least tell us it's really sleep specific.

As stated many times before, for working WoL proper BIOS setting and ACPI data structures might be required. It's the drivers responsibility to program the NIC to generate a wakeup event, but everything else is beyond the scope of the driver.

Mieze 😺