• Please log in to reply
729 replies to this topic

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Pity about WoL. Using it with I219LM on Lenovo Thinkcentre M800 & sadly onboard network goes black when Sierra powers off

Was using previously Thinkcentre M73 with Realtek driver under Yosemite, which did works great with WoL

So I am not convinced it is OS

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Cats

Pity about WoL. Using it with I219LM on Lenovo Thinkcentre M800 & sadly onboard network goes black when Sierra powers off

That's the specified behavior as WoL from S5 isn't supported by MacOS.

Mieze

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Still would like to understand how Thinkcentre M73 with Realtek driver does NOT behave this way...

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,184 posts

Still would like to understand how Thinkcentre M73 with Realtek driver does NOT behave this way...

First of all, when the system is going to reboot or shutdown the driver releases control of the NIC. What happens after that, is beyond control of the driver. Second, Intel onboard NICs are different than other NICs because they are tightly coupled with the chipset's management engine (ME) which means that the ME takes control of the NIC when the driver releases it.

Mieze

xiyue

xiyue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello:

I was having some problems when I used this driver for my laptop. When I plug in the network cable, the network state has been "not connected" and "cable unplugged" cycle switch, but if I plugged cable first, then boot into the OS will not have this problem. NIC in Windows10 environment everything is normal. Will change how to solve? laptop model is HP Elitebook 820 G4, and the NIC is i219v2. The OS is 10.12.6, the NIC driver is the latest version.

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,184 posts

@xiyue: Please post kernel logs showing the incident which should include at least a full boot sequence. Use the debug version of the driver to create the logs.

Mieze

xiyue

xiyue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@xiyue: Please post kernel logs showing the incident which should include at least a full boot sequence. Use the debug version of the driver to create the logs.

Mieze

@Mieze: Thanks for your reply. The attachment is the log files I collected. In the package, kernel-1.log is with cable plugged, and kernel-2.log is with cable unplugged.

Attached Files

xiyue

xiyue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Mieze

@Mieze: Thank you for your attention, May I ask what information can I provide in depth? Such as log or screenshots?

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,184 posts

I checked your kerne logs and they look good. There is no indication of an error. Honestly I have no idea why the link isn't established. Sorry!

Mieze

xiyue

xiyue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I checked your kerne logs and they look good. There is no indication of an error. Honestly I have no idea why the link isn't established. Sorry!

Mieze

@Mieze

Oh, that's a bad news. I think the process of loading the driver should be normal. Could the NIC cable plug / unplug the trigger event that is not handled correctly? Is there a tool or method can be used for debugging and then to collect some useful data?

And, if I do not load the NIC driver, the NIC led light is always lit with cable plugged(after OS boot), rather than on for a while, off for a while.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel, Driver, LAN, I217, I218, 82579

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy