IntelMausiEthernet.kext for Intel onboard LAN

Mieze
1,013 posts in this topic

Hello

Just to say thanks, in the first place

Then some info

So to have the full bit rate in ethernet, it is necessary to choose in bios auto negociated

And in preference system, automatic

Result I move to just under 300MB / s fiber

Thank you Mieze

Long live the cat

What kind of widget/app its that with blue specs, latency?

Thanks.

I have PCI LAN card with ID=0x12298086.

Is it possible the kext will work with it?

Sorry, but PCI devices aren't supported at all because of the lack of support for 64bit DMA operations.

Mieze

• Like 1

Hi Miezi, i have a problem with new High Sierra, DP2, because not work good internet, intermittent signal.

I have IntelMausiEthernet work very fine on 10.12.6, but in 10.13 DP2 not work good. First Beta is good, but now, im not sure what to do...

You can help me, please? 

EDIT: Artur-PT help me with this issue, in Portuguese forum, so im fixed that deleting the other folder on EFI Clover 4097 Partition.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324222-macos-1013-betas-dps-disponiveis/?p=2450603 

Sorry, but PCI devices aren't supported at all because of the lack of support for 64bit DMA operations.

Aren't situations like that supposed to be handled by classes like IOMapper, IOMemoryDescriptor, IOBufferMemoryDescriptor, IODMACommand, etc. which can use an IOMMU or DART (if one exists) for DMA address translation?

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/IOKitFundamentals/DataMgmt/DataMgmt.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP0000019-SW3

Aren't situations like that supposed to be handled by classes like IOMapper, IOMemoryDescriptor, IOBufferMemoryDescriptor, IODMACommand, etc. which can use an IOMMU or DART (if one exists) for DMA address translation?

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/IOKitFundamentals/DataMgmt/DataMgmt.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP0000019-SW3

Sure, it's possible to write a driver which supports 32bit-devices using these classes but it requires a different approach and adds another level of complexity to the driver which isn't required for PCIe at all and not to forget, the most important question: how many users are still using PCI cards as PCIe replacements are dirt cheap?

Mieze

Hi Miezi, i have a problem with new High Sierra, DP2, because not work good internet, intermittent signal.

I have IntelMausiEthernet work very fine on 10.12.6, but in 10.13 DP2 not work good. First Beta is good, but now, im not sure what to do...

You can help me, please? 

EDIT: Artur-PT help me with this issue, in Portuguese forum, so im fixed that deleting the other folder on EFI Clover 4097 Partition.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324222-macos-1013-betas-dps-disponiveis/?p=2450603 

First of all you should solve the problem which exists between keyboard and chair! Where is a detailed problem description because "intermittent signal" could be anything, for example a cat playing with the cable? :lol: 

Where are the kernel logs showing the issue? In case there are connection drops, there must be some driver messages in the kernel logs.

Mieze

• Like 2

Sorry Miezi, im not know how do it (log), but im solved with delete folder other and caches are normal now!!

The cables is fine, because another systems like Sierra, 10 and Beta its very normal. 

Tks!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

installed latest version on 10.12.6 in my system but the transfer is too bad, about 30m (on windows is about 100).

What could be the problem?

It's most likely a protocol issue (packet signing) or a power management related problem.

Mieze

• 3 weeks later...

Saludos amigos

He intentado ver como soluciono lo de la red lan en mi Mobo Dp55wg y nada, tengo que reiniciar la maquina luego que la prendo para que reconozca la Lan

Me lanza este error :

Ethernet IntelMausi : Failed to get adapter data with error -3

Luego si la reinicio :

Ethernet IntelMausi : 82578DC (Rev. 5), 

Me sugirieron esto

The UEFI network stack or some kind of remote management software is still in control of the NIC preventing the driver from taking control. Check you UEFI settings and disable it.

Pero lo tengo desabilitado en el Bios

Lei esto por ahi, no lo he hecho

I had weird artefacts at boot whether Legacy ROM was activated or not. Mieze (IntelMausi's author) recommended to disable all ROM which could interfere with the LAN chip when you get the "Failed to get adapter data" error in the kext logs.

He conectado el USB en diferentes puertos mi Mobo solo posee USB 2.0

A ver que pudieran sugerir

Greetings friends

I tried to see how I solved the network lan in my Mobo Dp55wg and nothing, I have to reboot the machine after the attachment to recognize the Lan

I throw this error:
Ethernet IntelMausi: Failed to get adapter data with error -3

Then if the reboot:

Ethernet IntelMausi: 82578DC (Rev. 5),

I was suggested this
The UEFI network stack or some kind of remote management software is still in control of the NIC preventing the driver from taking control. Check UEFI settings and disable it.
But I have it disabled in the Bios
I read this out there, I have not done it
I had weird artefacts at boot whether Legacy ROM was activated or not. Mieze (IntelMausi's author) recommended to disable all ROM which could interfere with the LAN chip when you get the "Failed to get adapter data" error in the kext logs.
I have connected the USB in different ports my Mobo only owns USB 2.0

To see what they could suggest

i am currently using intel e1000e kext for my 8th series sabertooth z87, will this driver work better than intel e1000 kext for my onboard intel controller?

For the other guys, you can get to work many of the controllers not supported by this driver using intel e1000 and intel e1000e ethernet drivers, but because they are kind of universal driver, you will miss some optimization and also support for newer controllers (for newer controller maybe some developer just created updated versions, i don't know), but this driver is focused on optimization for newer chips as i have read to get better performance, if you need support for controller no longer supported, just recompile from source code the older versions of the driver and set as target the mac os version you want to use

Pity about WoL. Using it with I219LM on Lenovo Thinkcentre M800 & sadly onboard network goes black when Sierra powers off

Was using previously Thinkcentre M73 with Realtek driver under Yosemite, which did works great with WoL

So I am not convinced it is OS

Pity about WoL. Using it with I219LM on Lenovo Thinkcentre M800 & sadly onboard network goes black when Sierra powers off

That's the specified behavior as WoL from S5 isn't supported by MacOS.

Mieze

Still would like to understand how Thinkcentre M73 with Realtek driver does NOT behave this way...

First of all, when the system is going to reboot or shutdown the driver releases control of the NIC. What happens after that, is beyond control of the driver. Second, Intel onboard NICs are different than other NICs because they are tightly coupled with the chipset's management engine (ME) which means that the ME takes control of the NIC when the driver releases it.

Mieze

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I was having some problems when I used this driver for my laptop. When I plug in the network cable, the network state has been "not connected" and "cable unplugged" cycle switch, but if I plugged cable first, then boot into the OS will not have this problem. NIC in Windows10 environment everything is normal. Will change how to solve? laptop model is HP Elitebook 820 G4, and the NIC is i219v2. The OS is 10.12.6, the NIC driver is the latest version.

@xiyue: Please post kernel logs showing the incident which should include at least a full boot sequence. Use the debug version of the driver to create the logs.

Mieze

@Mieze: Thanks for your reply. The attachment is the log files I collected. In the package, kernel-1.log is with cable plugged, and kernel-2.log is with cable unplugged.

kernellog.zip

@xiyue: Please post kernel logs showing the incident which should include at least a full boot sequence. Use the debug version of the driver to create the logs.

Mieze

@Mieze: Thank you for your attention, May I ask what information can I provide in depth? Such as log or screenshots?

I checked your kerne logs and they look good. There is no indication of an error. Honestly I have no idea why the link isn't established. Sorry!

Mieze

@Mieze

Oh, that's a bad news. I think the process of loading the driver should be normal. Could the NIC cable plug / unplug the trigger event that is not handled correctly? Is there a tool or method can be used for debugging and then to collect some useful data?

And, if I do not load the NIC driver, the NIC led light is always lit with cable plugged(after OS boot), rather than on for a while, off for a while.