Core 2 Duo on Intel 945 Board

19 posts in this topic

I have seen several posts that look like they are from folks running a Core 2 Duo on an Intel 945 board. Now Intel's page says that the 945 boards do not support the Core 2 chip. Can anyone out there confirm for me whether or not they have a Core chip running on an Intel 945 series board. Specifically I would be very interested to hear from folks with a 945GNT board.

It won't work in a D945GNT board anyway - I tried! CPU fan came on, board and LAN LEDs come on, but boot doen't start.

Didn't seem to hurt Core 2 Duo, though. Now running in an ASrock ConRoe945G-DVI (anybody get on-board LAN to work - wrong thread?)

• 2 months later...

E6300 user on Foxconn 945G7MD - integrated graphics is i950.

OSX 10.4.6/10.4.8 (mifki/jbm patch) both reports the CPU is running at 3Ghz but i didn't overclocked the CPU at all. Although I experience OSX rebooting suddenly randomly on some occasions.

Asus P5LD2-VM (rev 2) works with Core 2 Duo. I'm running on with an E6400. Only one core works under 8.8.1 kernel though.

GMA-950 onboard works perfectly (dual display, res, qe/ci, ogl etc). Onboard LAN and Sound also work, sound requires a tweak.

Hi,

perhaps a hardware modification (like the first bad axe motherboards that did not support conroe) is necessary.

If anyone could give us any information about hardware modifications for d945gnt to support conroe , it would be great to write down links and details here!

D945GNT is an amazing motherboard almost 100% supported by osx86 , so it would be nice to have conroe support for it .

I know intel said that it's not compatible for conroe , but it surely will be with a hardware modification!

Thanks!

Mal

Hi,

if you check intel website about bad axe, they said that old bad axe motherboards with hardware revision before v303 do not support conroe . A bios update is not enough . There were a set of hardware modifications that i found somewhere to have the first bad axe motherboards to support conroe.

Manmal

• 5 months later...

The Core 2 Duo runs at a lower voltage than Pentium 4s and Pentium Ds. That's why many boards that would otherwise seem compatible won't work with it. They just can't provide the proper voltage for the Core 2.

• 5 weeks later...

hi Khan,

d945gcl is the same as d945gnt . Did you have a pentium 775 socket before trying it with a core 2 duo cpu ?

Mal

UPDATED : i checked intel website and intel 945gcl is considered a low-level motherboard and it supports core 2 duo . d945gnt : exactly same chipset but core 2 duo not (officially) supported. Can anyone provide a hardware modification to modify voltages on d945gnt in order to (unofficially) support core 2 duo ? Thanks!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...