Power button not working (for sleep) - Asus Z97I-Plus

Cloudane

8 posts in this topic

I'm using Clover and my config.plist is attached.  I've tried the APIC option that the Clover docs said to try if your power button is unresponsive, and that didn't help.

It works for waking the machine up out of sleep, it's just that it doesn't do anything for putting the machine to sleep as I'd expect it to.  When it's on, I can press the power button all I like, it does absolutely nothing.

pmset -g has this to say:

Active Profiles:
AC Power		-1*
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 womp                 0
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSour)
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 disksleep            10
 displaysleep         15

It does however sleep via the menu, despite what it says about sleep being prevented by Address Book (no idea what that's about).

Any ideas appreciated!

Use this Acpiplatform.kext, backup yours and try. It works for me.

Awesome, it even fixed the issue of the machine waking up if you so much as sneeze near the mouse :)  (I've been injecting clock-id to USB to try and stop it waking the PC, and having no luck, which seems to be a general pattern of my efforts at the moment)

Thanks!

Where did you get it, or if you wrote it, what did you do?  Just thinking if it's a simple patch it can probably be done through Clover so that it survives OS updates..

Edit: Also seems to nuke the serial number in "About this Mac" for some reason.

This is the ACPIPLATFORM rollback, I blieve it comes from Lion/MLion grabbed some where can't remember. But it was the only way that solved my problem. I tried many DSDT patches non helped. Any way I am glad that solve som of your issues for you too.

No good for me in the end as rolling back to this version prevents the serial number from displaying, so can't log into iCloud etc.  I've spent many hours trying various combinations of DSDT edits  (PWRB hid to cid etc), and think I will have to conclude that it's just not possible to get everything working properly on this board.

This is nothing to do with hiding the serial number. This can be set in chameleon as well as in Clover "Private Data"

I have the serial number hidden. To log in in iCloud and App Store, you need to sett an en0 as your primary network.

I have:

RTL 8168 adapter as en0

WIFI as en1

and set "Ethernet build in" in your chameleon/clover setting.

The RTL adapter is just a fake one not in use.

I am using WIFI adapter.

I see, in any case I'm not hugely fond of rolling back to an old ACPI kext from 10.6 and making the about screen do odd things, but thanks for the suggestion anyway :)

Got the wake issue sorted in the end - I just deleted ALL of the _PRW methods in my DSDT, not just the USB ones but every last one, so that nothing can wake it up except the power button (which is how I like it, along with darkwake=0.  Sleep should mean sleep, not 'lightly snooze with one eye open like a small cuboid dragon'.)  

Even turning the monitor on and off was causing wakes, so thought I might as well - I'm guessing although _PRW was off on the USB interfaces, it was still being triggered elsewhere up the tree from USB.

Still no power button off, but it's a minor perfectionism thing - I can live with cmd-opt-eject.