Power management and graphics issues (Z97N-Gaming 5/i5-4460/HD4600)

martin_weiss

33 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I get a kernel panic when I copy the file to the patched folder. It works if I edit the Info.plist of the kext itself, but it's not an ideal solution.

Also, since this is giving me such a headache I assume that part of my sleep problems will be solved when this problem is solved. Thanks for your help so far.

I'm not sure what to do now.

It works if I edit the Info.plist of the kext itself, but it's not an ideal solution.

I'm not sure what to do now.

This is your solution, edit .kext is the best for your hardware.

What matters is the kext be loaded, not the way it was edited.

But I still have compile errors in the DSDT. Is it extracted wrong? I doubt it, I have tried the Clover dump (F4 at menu), loading MaciASL and letting it get the DSDT, and I've tried extracting it using DCPIManager. All with the same result (the errors I showed in the screenshots).

This must be happening because of some error. In my config.plist? Something that happened during my installation of Clover (did I not include the correct kexts in the EFI partition)?

No matter what, I am having some problems with the sleep function. The machine can sleep for shorter times, without problems. But if it sleeps for longer periods of time, it wakes, and then reboots. I really want to find a solution. I'm sure it has something to do with power management. For now I'm using the Info.plist method that I described. It's the only way so far that I can make AppleLPC.kext load.

Regarding the config.plist, RehabMan seems to say that the -xcpm flag is not needed for Haswell CPU, but that KernelPm is (anyway, that's how I read it): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302376-guide-patching-the-kernel-for-haswell-cpus-xcpm-early-reboot/

However, on the Clover wiki, it is stated that KernelPm is a "Kernel power management patch for Haswell with locked msrs". As far as I know, Gigabyte motherboards in general do not have locked MSRs.

So I'm a bit confused. I have tried a mixture of combinations, but so far with no luck.

I have so many questions, but I am struggling to find answers :(

But i sent the DSDT for you without any errors! What happens?

Config.plist there is nothing to do about DSDT....

For your hardware, you need use XCPM and KernelPM method, following RehabMan's tips.

As I mentioned above, that DSDT gives me a kernel panic, I don't even reach OS X.

I don't understand why I need the KernelPm patch, because RehabMan says it's only necessary for motherboards with locked MSRs. I am using a Gigabyte motherboard with unlocked MSR as far as I know.