Tenda W311M N150 drivers for 10.10 ?

akil3sh

2 posts in this topic

I have a sony vaio with a core i3 sandy bridge intel hd3000. Atheros wifi chip, which is not supported by OS X out of the box nor does it have any kexts. So i decided to buy a USB WiFi adapter which can work as a substitute. The product's name is Tenda W311M N150 nano, but it has kexts only for OS X 10.6. I've however proceeded to install the utility for trial and error's sake and the utility's name pops up on the Finder bar. But it wont open the utility, though I haven't got the device yet. I've ordered it on Amazon. Will it work on OS X 10.10 or 10.9 (I'm running both versions alongside Windows 7) on my machine. If not suggest me with another product that will work on OS Yosemite preferably. I'm from India. Thanks in advance :)  

post-1270170-0-18307100-1422023287_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi akil3sh,

I planning to buy this. I have a Sony Vaio laptop working OS X 10.10 Yosemite, alongside Windows 8.1 pro. Does this wireless USB adaptor work??

Me too from India!! :P

Please reply, it will help alot. :)

Thanks in advance! ;)

P.S  :

I googled about this USB and i came to know that it has  Ralink RT5370 chipset.

This chipset is compatible with hackintosh. It should work fine and its drivers are also available from Ralink website and for Yosemite Third-party are also available. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm selecting this for my Vaio Hackintosh, as it seems perfect in every aspect. :D

Happy Hackintoshing! :)