lapic_native Kernel Panic on HP laptop EVEN with CPUs=1!

buttcrap

34 posts in this topic

kernel not found when I tried.. renaming to kernel

Hey guys it does boot with -x, I just have to use HDMI.

when I boot with just cpus=1 I get this attached pic. I'm curious why would genericusbhxci only cause issues in normal boot, does this indicate another kext interfering?

thanks for all your help!!!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Don't use HDMI out till the successful Installation 

replace the Voodoops2 kext from ##### USB with latest version and add "-v cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1" 

AND USE USB 2.0 Port Right side of the HP DV 6

Ok thanks Maverick I'll try this out after work. I always use right side of DV6 lol I promise

Why not use HDMI out until after OS X install ? I've heard that some people never get graphics working until after set up by using HDMI or VGA.

I will try updating voodoops2 and using kext-dev-mode=1

Ok thanks Maverick I'll try this out after work. I always use right side of DV6 lol I promise

Why not use HDMI out until after OS X install ? I've heard that some people never get graphics working until after set up by using HDMI or VGA.

I will try updating voodoops2 and using kext-dev-mode=1

For Less trouble use Laptop screen for Installation 

You have to Choose between VGA or HDMI because if you patch your AppleIntelSNBGraphics then VGA will works but HDMI will stop working :(

HDMI need Vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphics 

Hi Maverick my voodoops2 is version 1.8.13 which I think is t newest out.

I tried using -v cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and I got an error about genericusbhxci failing to resolve library dependencies and iousbfamily.kext not loading still... this happens both in usb 2.0 and 3.0 left and right sides of dv6.

here's a pic

post-1457188-0-87017900-1422877818_thumb.jpg

Hi Maverick my voodoops2 is version 1.8.13 which I think is t newest out.

I tried using -v cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and I got an error about genericusbhxci failing to resolve library dependencies and iousbfamily.kext not loading still... this happens both in usb 2.0 and 3.0 left and right sides of dv6.

here's a pic

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.Kext From USB/S/L/E

use my file and replace it to USB/Extra/Extensions and USB/System/Library/Extensions 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

ok, I removed the two AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts and installed your two kexts into both e/e and s/l/e. here's what I got:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

not gonna even try and understand what this means. but now I can't boot into safe boot lol

If you still fails then Download Yosemite zone and try

i have also tried that too works great :D

Maverick I turned off VT-d and booted cpus=1 now it takes a long time on 'Bluetooth interrupt transport failed' message and then the screen flashes.

then if I plug in HDMI I can see it booted!! but it's just a spinning pinwheel/beach ball. I let it sit for like 20 minutes to see if it would progress but it never did.

so I tried

cpus=1 -v

cpus=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes(trying to get laptop display working lol)

cpus=1 -v kext-dev-mode=1

all same result.

when I boot with

cpus=1 -x

or cpus=1 -f

I get error about iousbfamily not being found and 'Still waiting for root device...'

I dunno if I should give up and try again because this seems really promising... what do you think? It looks so close ! all it takes is cpus=1 and hdmi to get past verbose mode !

Thanks for all the help either way :)

Maverick I turned off VT-d and booted cpus=1 now it takes a long time on 'Bluetooth interrupt transport failed' message and then the screen flashes.

then if I plug in HDMI I can see it booted!! but it's just a spinning pinwheel/beach ball. I let it sit for like 20 minutes to see if it would progress but it never did.

so I tried

cpus=1 -v

cpus=1 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes(trying to get laptop display working lol)

cpus=1 -v kext-dev-mode=1

all same result.

when I boot with

cpus=1 -x

or cpus=1 -f

I get error about iousbfamily not being found and 'Still waiting for root device...'

I dunno if I should give up and try again because this seems really promising... what do you think? It looks so close ! all it takes is cpus=1 and hdmi to get past verbose mode !

Thanks for all the help either way :)

Try different methods of installation like Yosemite Zone