Fix my HP! Just a few random DSDT-edits to improve your HacMac experience.

proteinshake

56 posts in this topic

It looks a bit after VoodooHDA?

The Z800 ALC262 and my Esprimo are almost the same. Only the output nodes are probably different. With a little patience, we get it to work safely.

That's the goal. see pictures

Here are two versions for testing and one Version for 10.9.5

Last version 002 was the same as the first sound assertions this one here no sound assertions but the speaker icon is greyed out and it killed off my Firewave as it says no firewire port found with this which somehow I find hard to believe I am going to reboot into my main partition not this testing one and see if something strange is going on with it. Thanks for the posting for testing.

Edit: Something strange in the -f to force the reload apparently killed off the firewire and the sound assertions came back after I did a rebuild of the cache then rebooted like I have done ever time but the last one, the result of which I posted above same outputs are still seen, except of course the Firewave is back.

post-177709-0-58426400-1434922393_thumb.png

I have seen in post-25 that you are using in HDEF entries Device ID and other ancient methods. Maybe it's not so good for the use of AppleHDA. It is not easy, because I can not test yourself.

It does sometime least operate a port. As different as the ALC262's are not.
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }, 
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

hi everyone i have done all the testing with different combination nod but do not have luck to get the sound I'm really thankful to mac Peet for the  spending  the time on this issue i have so add the new DSDT patch but without any luck  :help:

hi 

chatdeau

i don't know which dsdt patches are u using but i have the same problem with USB this is also important  but  the very important  thing is CPU power  management  we need help can u please share your dsdt

I tried the new as well no joy here either so I went back to the VoodooHDAMAV286 package which I already had installed on my cloned operating system it worked from the start. The power management worked somewhat with just the speed stepping enabled in the BIOS but you have two options. The first the massive sandy bridge x58 thread there is script you run in there to patch for the Intel to load without kernel panic so you can get rid of the null.kext that lost me 1000 points on a geekbench and my top turbo ratio. The second which I went with the ssdtprgen.sh script from PikeRAlpha beta version 15.7 I think it is this allows you to define custom processor to get a ssdt.aml. This gives me all the speed steps a far as I can tell by looking at the hardware monitor.app as I see the speeds change all the time and the temperature stays nice and low at idle.

I thought I was having weird issues with USB so I had read deleting the AppleUpstreamUserClient would solve it but did not. I think I finally tracked it down to the wireless keyboard/mouse combination from Logitech I was using as switching from it to my Apple wired keyboard and same wireless mouse it seems to work fine using it so far. I need to do some encoding here sometime soon today so when I fire it up I will attach the DSDT I am using and I do believe I still have the script on there for the ssdt as well so will include that too. I too would like to thank MacPeet for the effort but I do believe I am taking my own advice from another thread few days ago never let perfection be the enemy of good enough and I do think I have reached the good enough stage now been messing about for a month with this thing. It never fails to boot unless I have made stupid change for testing, the audio works hell I don't even need on-board I have firewire Firewave that gives me 5.1 surround with it, sleep can be hit and miss but for most part works as does everything else so time to call it a day.  Thanks as well to the OP who gave the original DSDT in this thread and whoever it was that tracked down the roll back in the LSI files package as the they were called.

Edit: Here is the link to the sandybridge thread where the script is that you can run to get native power management plus the link to the ssdprgen which I include in my package of all the files that are needed for me to boot Mavericks 10.9.5 on my machine. Included are the ssdtprgen.sh Chameleon v2700 installer an extra directory that includes the FakeSMC and NUllCPUPowerManagement .kext plus the IOAHCIBlockStorage which I use to get rid of the orange icons on my SATA III pci-e add in cards that run my SSD's I boot from and my 4TB drives which are only seen as 2tb due to BIOS limitation on the machine. The FakeSMC is edited to reflect a MacPro4,1 smcversion which is what I am using now as a system definition. Also in there are the needed files from 10.9.1 to be able to boot the system when you upgrade to 10.9.5 as Apple made some changes that make the machine pretty much unusable with the 10.9.5 versions installed so you needed to roll them back. The DSDT.aml is identical to the other posted here with only the name changed so it will get loaded by Chameleon with nothing extra in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Oh also included is the FileNVRAM module for that from the chameleon install so there it is everything I need, don't believe I have left anything out anyways, for someone needing to get a z800 running in case anyone finds this thread in the future needing to do that.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/12/11/ssdtprgen-sh-v15-7-beta/

Edit2: The naming of the separate .aml file reflects the changes I made from the original that was posted here. The SATA changed to esb2 device id of a real mac pro plus the ports named as Slot ? like a mac the LPC changed as I mentioned earlier in this thread and the audio layout changed to id 1.

Edit3: Damn Left out the Voodohda and the hardware sensors which you will want at least to install the Hardware Monitor.app unless you want unedited FakeSMC that is.

z800_Mavericks_Files.zip

DSDT-lpc-esb2_sata_audio_layout_id1.aml.zip

HWSensors.6.9.1315.pkg.zip

VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg.zip

• Like 1

Rockey12 That I have no clue on I am no expert in the editing all I know comes from years ago in the at the time massive dsdt fixes for Gigabyte boards that MasterCheif was doing with our 775 socket boards. Too bad don't think he is around anymore but he put lot of stuff out there for us to use.

Thanks bro u ar the only who comments every time this is  just an idea to use mac pro 5.1 dsdt as reference

Yes good idea I just do not know enough about it to even attempt, the edits I have made are ones I have done in the past with no problems the machines survived and are still running today. I'm not particularly interested in possibly frying someones machine doing stuff I know relatively little about. And your welcome if I can I always try to respond with a hopefully helpful suggestion or two.

Hi all,

A short update from me ; I've been having further Internet connection issues with my provider, so I haven't been able to do as much work as I planned on the Z400, but at least I've dsdt-20150625-23-optimizations+corrections.dsl.zip and you should consider it as BETA for now, but here it is along with the dsdt-Z400-BIOS_3.57-untouched.dsl.zip (grabed using Ubuntu) so that you can compare.

I've quite extensively commented my DSDT to better understand things in there, to track where I found the information to do so and to be able to get some more feedback as well.

Note that I didn't test much AppleHDA setups yet, I only had sound working using VoodooHDA (will soon upload the version I use, I have to find where I've put that archive). My DSDT version 23 (uploaed below) contains 2 HDEF Devices, one is commented, but neitheir have yet been tested with any AppleHDA kexts I've collected from various forums (more updates on that later on).

Tomorrow, if everything is still going well (timewise & Internet-connection-wise), I'll work a bit more on it and will also try to have working power management (that's my biggest challenge). I've wrote on other threads to ask some help to do so, but didn't get much feedback up to now.

I'll stay in touch as soon as I can.

Regards,

chatdeau

EDIT 1 : added my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip & smbios.plist.zip files

EDIT 2 : added (kinda) working 3607-VoodooHDA 2.8.2 r86 32_64bit & Optional VIA VT 2021 5.1 Patch.pkg.zip for now (until we find a way to use AppleHDA)

EDIT 3 : I invite you to follow this AppleHDA patch request thread (and partticipate if you can) to get Realtek ALC262 working.

EDIT 4 : I already found some errors (not compile errors) in the attached DSDT version 23 (including one that prevents proper sleep). I'm working on fixing them now; I'll update a version 24 soon.

Extra-Extensions.zip

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm still tinkering with the DSDT. I've made some progress, as sleep works better/faster, but it's still not properly handling USB Mass Storage devices (they get ejected when coming back from sleep). I've removed many unused devices, disabled unreferenced functions, made some optimization, etc.

I've also made a request on github to eventually integrate SSDT for my processors and participating to another thread about that along with MacUser2525.

Probably later on tonight I'll upload another version of my DSDT, if ever it might help anyone else and also if you're interested to participate in optimizing it with me.

Note that I'm optimizing it for Z400. I've compared it with the one for Z800 ; it's almost identical, except a few parts of the DSDT, and (important to note), the LPCB device-id declared in _DSM Method is not the same for the Z400 and the Z800. Use caution when adapting to your Workstation and verify every device's address so that it matches the ones from your lspci output.

I've been testing many AppleHDA version up to now, without much success, but I still have several ones to try, so I'm going to give some feedback about that as well.

Cheers!

EDIT 1 : I've also just updated to most recent HWSensors 6.16.1372 (which includes FakeSMC with plugins).

Hi chatdeau,

I just got OS X Mavericks running on my HP Z400.  I used your Voodoo installer and have audio working, although the volume seems low.  What issues are you having with voodoo?

Also, how are you making out with your updated DSDT?  Can you please share you latest patches?

Thank you

Your layout-id is 1, and the ioreg shows me working sound, choose the second line-out device in sysprefpane audio

Here a new patched kext, try layout-id 0 than 1, 2 maybe 66 also works with vanilla kext

Hi Rockey12,

Did you have a chance to test this yet?

apav

• 2 weeks later...

i'm so sorry guys for my late reply but on yosemite i cannot test any applehda i'm back to mavericks so i have donesome test everything looking good but still no sound i have change all the 3 layout ids no sound

post-555472-0-74226600-1438553283_thumb.png

Hi Guys really Good News finally i got the sound working But first of all i'm really thankful to Mac Meet and wern apfel thank u guys without ur help it wasn,t possible  :guitar::thumbsup_anim:

Great news!  I'll try it and report back

Hi Guys really Good News finally i got the sound working But first of all i'm really thankful to Mac Meet and wern apfel thank u guys without ur help it wasn,t possible  :guitar::thumbsup_anim:

Hi Rockey12, 

Can you provide a few steps how to use the provided files for get sounds working on my Z400?

Do I need to use DSDT HDEF to patch my DSDT?  Also, I am not sure what to do with the platforms and layout files.

If you are on a Z400, could you provide your already patched DSDT?

Thanks for your help

-apav

hi apav  first of all if u are using a patched dsdt then u dont need anything

just install the only applehda.kext 

in ur dsdt use 28 as layout ID    0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 like that 

all the other files just for maybe if u want to install yosemite in near future u can patch applehda by yourself

hi apav  first of all if u are using a patched dsdt then u dont need anything

just install the only applehda.kext 

in ur dsdt use 28 as layout ID    0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 like that 

all the other files just for maybe if u want to install yosemite in near future u can patch applehda by yourself

Hi Rockey12,

I am having trouble with your HDEF patch.

First, it was saved as .rtf 

I converted to plain text ".txt" but I am having trouble apply the patch in both DSDT editor and MaciASL

Can you please help?

Thank you

-apav

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys just wanna ask dose ur sound work or not

I haven't been able to get native sound working but I have not been able to put to much time into it.  I will try again soon and let you know.  

Hi again so if the sound still dose,not work with all the provided files then u have to use the RehabMan-Codec Commander and ur sound will definitely work

Hi Rockey12,

Working! Thanks for the help.  When I used your HDEF DST patch and patched AppleHDA, sounds would not work.

As per your suggested, I just installed RehabMan's CodecCommand.kext and now sound is working natively in Mavericks!.

Can you please help with one more thing - I would like to remove VoodooAudio.kext in Yosemite and have native sound working in Yosemite.

In prev post, you mentioned I have to patch AppleHDA for Yosemite.  Can you please help me?

Thanks for your help!

-apav

****Update

I now have native audio working on Yosemite 10.10.4, but only through "line out" rear.  I used MacPeet's 

AppleHDA_Yosemite_ALC262_HP_Z800_004 from post #24.  I added 

"layout28.xml.zlib" & "Platforms.xml.zlib" to his patched AppleHDA from

Rockey12's "Apple HDA262 Mavericks 10.9.5" patched AppleHDA

I am not able to play sound through the headphones, it's not an option in settings -> output

See attached screenshots.

Do I need to make any changes to Info.plist?

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!  

-apav

post-675689-0-36672500-1440978460_thumb.jpg

post-675689-0-79016400-1440978469_thumb.jpg

post-675689-0-42297500-1440978483_thumb.jpg