just a new-ish user with some questions.

cdoublejj

1 post in this topic

boy-oh-boy am i considering going to dark side with distros, this is my irst vanilla install. man it's nothing but headaches because it lacks so many features of distro, first and for most working on ONO mac GPT. turns vanilla mavericks will only install to an HDD with GPT table created by disk utility and idisk utility only that means no part tables created by G=parted will be accepted! This also means NO BOOT LOADER IFDUAL BOOTING!!!

Due to the way chimera and clover work and the way disk utility creates part tables you will get an a grub boot (if dual booting with linux) or you will get an install error from clover. Then lastly due to being an AD1998B you may or may not have sound where the hack distro kexts usually work. in my case i do not, could just be mavericks thing.

Now maybe just MAYBE i could be wrong and some folks could come in here and tell me how wrong i am how these issue can be corrected SHORT of coding my own kexts. (i can't program to save my life, maybe change a few device ids, which usually fails miserably) 

I see a LOT of sects and separation in community when it comes to CERTAIN methods of installing vanilla and distros vs said community's method. May said (this) community has a BETTER way of doing things?