Installed Hiresh 10.8 onto a PC, but no LAN or Audio?

FatRakoon

2 posts in this topic

Hello All.

First post, so here goes.

I was trying to install various flavours onto one of my laptops... Well, ANY of my Laptops to be honest, and I got to various stages of fail, but in teh end, Ikind of gave up and threw the HD into an ITX PC that I knocked up for a giggle and I forgot it had a semi half hearted install on it, and it booted up into Mac Setup just fine, and so where it stopped was that the mouse and keyboard didnt work, but they did now, and so I finished off the install and its rock solid whith the silly little bits of messing about I have done and thats not much I admit, but there is no Audio and there is also no LAN

I know ZERO about Macs, but I have learned that I can get KEXTS and put them into the /system/libraries/extensions/ folder and then reboot

I also might have to change ownership of the kexts file by sudo chown -R 755 kextfile.kext it seems - Im not ignorant to Linux and I see that will recurively take ownership of the given kextfile and it will do it in SuperUser mode.

But Im not even there yet am I?

I dont know where I can find any kexts files at all, or if I need to make my own or anything?

I know nothing.

The little Setup that I have got working so far, is a very much unknown little Mobo with no info that its clear on it. Its a Core2Duo Mobile 6600 and even uses Laptop RAM which I found novel, and it boots up with RM Education on it, but as for hardware, I dont know yet? - I might just put Windows onto it on another HD for now, just so I can play with it and find out the hardware.

But for now, can anyone give me any tips to look for the right files or point me in teh right direction to where I need to look next please?

Thank you very much.