I need help with a Acer Aspire One (stuck at 800 x 600) & Wifi issues

rastan

2 posts in this topic

I have installed MAC OS Snow Leopard on a old Acer Aspire One Netbook... and it runs well but one of the problems I can't seem to correct is the resolution. I believe 1024 X 600 is the highest for this netbook but I'm stuck at 800 X 600 in Snow leopard. I've downloaded a few packages/kexts but had no luck with them. If anyone has their acer one (D250) at 1024 X 600? please let me know (STEP BY STEP) how you managed to get passed 800 X 600.

Everything else is pretty much working... I even got the WIFI to work but for some reason I can't connect because of the self assigned IP problem (Airport). Getting Snow Leopard to recognize the Wifi was my first issue but I solved that with the help of some guides online.. now that the WiFi is working I can't connect to the internet. from what I've read it's a common issue... if anyone has a step by step guide to resolving this problem with the self assigned ip? let me know.

The only other minor thing that I noticed is my webcam doesn't seem to be working.. not a major issue for me but would be nice to fix it.

Not being able to connect to the internet and the webcam are minor issues for me... the major issue is the screen resolution. 1024 X 600 would be a better look than 800 X 600.