Dell Vostro 5470 - Shutdown Problem

Stanley Freire

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

My Speces are in my signature. Might help.

But the way, here is my problem:
I can't turn off my Hackintosh, or reboot. I will have to open it up, remove the battery and cmos plugs, wait 20s, plug it again, reconfigure BIOS, and boot up again.

I found "a way around" that works SOMETIMES, that's whats concerning me, it just works sometimes. I just don't want to live with my computer unscrewed and having to open it up everyday just to see it works. (Use terminal > sudo reboot > pwd > enter)

Here's a video demonstrating my problem:  

I already tried all kinds of DSDT Patches, speed restart, BIOS updates, and nothing happens.

I was using another forums to solve some of my problems, but no one could help me with this *serious* problem.

I know that this affects all Dell Vostros 5470, if not all, the major part of them.

Someone here with some hardware knowledge could help me to solve this?

Sorry about if that is in the wrong part of the forum, if it's wrong move for the right place please. Sorry again.

Thank you very much if anyone can help me.

In your config.plist, try enabling ShutdownFix and if that doesn't work also try HaltEnabler.

Hey, thank your for the answer! I already tried these two options, and none of them worked.. Evoreboot does not seem to work too.. Any other Idea?

urgent !!??

InsanelyMac hotline !!  :hysterical:

Yea, funny!  :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 months later...