DSDT i3 2310M Sandybridge

JochiePiet

71 posts in this topic

Try use this kext: attachicon.gifAppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

Use with kext I sent you earlier.

No success.

If I just install Yosemite from the USB stick the problem is not there!

So I have started a fresh installation and will find out the tedious way which kext is causing the problem. 

I am going to install them one by one and see when the problem occurs again. I will let you know.

No. Sorry about this. It was a mistake. As soon as I realised my mistake I changed the text but unfortunately you read it immediately. To be precise: I have put the DSDT.aml in the same folder as org.chameleon.Boot.plist: /Volumes/MacOSX/Extra. MacOSX is the disk I have put Yosemite on of course.

Sorry for delay i was very busy...

Maybe we can find another .kext, your DSDT and SSDT i will take a look again but in my home.

Absolutely no need for apologizing. I am very happy with your patience and help.

Now I am back at post 42....

I removed both VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. The problem has disappeared. For the time being? Mouse is still working, trackpad is not.

This appears to be in contradiction to my answer at post 42. I do not know if my answer was incorrect at post 42 of that the trackpad was indeed working at the time.

Anyway we will see if the problem returns. I will let you know.

FYI: In system preferences is still stated: " trackpad not found ". So I have to figure out how to fix this. In the log it talks about a Sentelics touchpad but as far as I know it is a Synaptics one. 

• Like 1

So for the time being I have circumvented my problem by removing the mouse and trackpad kext.

I will figure out how to get the trackpad working and place the final configuration (dsdt, ssdt, smbios, org,chameleon.Boot.plist and removing of the drivers) in the laptop section of this forum. I have deleted the posts which have proven not to be relevant.

Special thanks to Allan for all the effort he has gone through.

Thank you so much Allan!

• Like 1

As said before I actually circumvented my problem. Did not solve it. So I have decided to spend some extra time. Finally I am pretty sure that I have isolated the problem. The problem must be caused by a faulty DSDT.aml file. The problem never occurs whatever I do until I copy the DSDT file to /Volumes/MacOSX/Extra and adapt org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Removing the DSDT and readapting  org.chameleon.Boot.plist  does get rid of the problem after reboot. But then the powemanagement does fail. Laptop will kind of fall asleep (power consumption remains the same) but will never wake up again. Reboot is necessary.

All four kext' s: VoodooPS2Controller.kext ,VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and VoodooPS2Mouse.kext are loaded even when the problem is not there. So it looks to me that blocking the keyboard as soon as the trackpad is once touched is not so much caused by a kext conflict but by a conflict in the DSDT file.

So I would be very grateful if anyone (Allan?) will have a good look at the the attached DSDT file.

The laptop specs are: Medion Akoya E6221, Intel i3 2330M SandyBridge, Intel serie 6 C200 chipset.

DSDT.aml.zip

Here' s what I have done:

- Extracted dsdt with Chameleon Wizard and used this dsdt.

- Generated a ssdt with the script according to Pike R Alpha

- Removed VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext AND VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

- Repaired permissions and rebuild the cache

- Rebooted

Guess what?:

- Keyboard is fine, never gets blocked/unconnected.

- Mouse is fine although VoodooPS2Mouse.kext has been removed.
   Most likely because org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2mouse is loaded (revealed bij kextstat)

I found this driver in the contents of VoodooPS2Controller.kext 

- The trackpad is fine too!!! Although VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext has been removed.

That is quite strange to me since I did not find anything loaded and referring to the trackpad.

So what is going on here???? What is controlling the trackpad?

BTW: Powermanagement is not working of course but that is not important right now. I have to fix this trackpad thing first.

Okay. I understand. If I ever solve it I will let you know on this post. Thank you for all your effort.

Well, with pure luck I have got my laptop fully functional as a MacBookPro. Everything seems to be working: mouse, keyboard, trackpad, sleepmode, wifi, audio, video, App Store, Battery indicator and so on. Even the function keys are okay. 

Here is what I did:

1. Ended up not using a DSDT at all. Only used a ssdt generated according to the script of Pike R Alpha. Also used a simbios.plist based on MacBookPro 8,1.

2. Replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext by an older one (version 1.3.6)

3. Installed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. So no speedstep but that poses no problem to me as long as sleepmode is fine and it is.

4. Installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext version unknown.

5. Removed VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.

6. Installed ApplePS2Controller.kext version 1.1.5

Voila, after repairing permissions, rebuilding the cache and rebooting a fully functional Mackintosh.

Updated OSX to 10.10.2 without any problem whatsoever. 

• Like 1