Display turn off with Smbios Other then mac pro 5

Purval

4 posts in this topic

Hello i have vaio vpceh16en...which has core i3 2310m cpu and nvidia geforce 410m graphics card...everything works perfect including nvidia graphics card ( detects natively with GraphicsEnabler or IGPEnaber flag) with smbios of mac pro 5,1..except speed step..because for speed step it require smbios of macbook pro.without speed step laptop is heating very badly...

but when i start my system with macbook pro smbios..laptop display turn off at the login screen...also tried with PciRoot=1, injecting nvidia card info in dsdt.

i am attaching my native dsdt ,patched dsdt and irog(with smbios mac pro 5).. and i am using yosemite 10.10.1 ( [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation ).

Archive.zip

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite possible, indeed. Did/can you disable the nVidia GPU or the HD3000 GPU in BIOS? What's the LCD screen resolution? I guess that, by now, you know that no Hackintosh can support Optimus switching so you can only run either on the nVidia GPU or on the HD3000.

You may be able to disable the nVidia GPU via a DSDT patch or you can alternatively delete the nVidia kexts to run only on the HD3000.

screen resolution is 1366x768 .i know optimus card is not supported..and there is no option in bios for switching between nvidia or hd3000...is it possible that my cpu dont have intel hd3000 and only have nvidia card..because in window it shows only nvidia geforce 410m no intel hd3000...

and i am not able to understand why my laptop internal display works fine (with full graphics) with mac pro 5 smbios...and not working with any macbook pro smbios....i dint face such problem in 10.8.2 version