Random freezes after plugging in USB, restarts when waking up

Stabi

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am quite new to this and like to have some help trying to figure out where to look for the source of my problems and then hopefully also with resolving them.

I am currently encountering two issues:

1) sometimes my computer doesn't wake correctly from sleep. Instead of waking up, it reboots. Happens maybe once out of 5 times. As far as I gathered, this probably has to do with some DSDT problems, but I don't really have any idea where to look -- there's nothing in the logs indicating any issues, at least as far as I can tell. 

I tried some clover fixes, but to no avail. My problem is: While the clover wiki explains what each option does, I still have no clue what effect it has or when it would be a wise idea to resort to a certain fix. Is there someplace that helps with this apart from becoming a DSDT guru? Anyway, the fixes I tried so far where 

• fixDarwin
  • fixSBUS
  • fixHPET
  • AddDTGP

I removed them again for now since they didn't help, but I suspect that fixDarwin in particular is a nice fix to have that probably cannot hurt.

2) I am encountering random freezes when new USB devices are plugged in. Specifically it is a KVM switch (although really only a KM one) attached to one of the onboard USB 2 ports. I tried Clover's "fixUSB" to no avail. 

Kexts that I have installed are FakeSMC, RealtekRTL8111, realtekALC, and GenericUSBXHCI. I have not tried if the problem persists even without the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, I'll do that next. 

My hw for reference is:

• i3 4150
  • GA-H81m-HD3 (which has additional VIA USB3 ports)
  • EVGA GTX 760

For all of these, I attached two logs, as well as my unpatched DSDT, my clover boot log, my clover config and the output of IOReg. 

Hope anyone can help and have a good one.

-Stabi

Archive.tar.gz

• 3 weeks later...