Help - Dell GX755 - Mountain Lion on a separate SSD

macgig

2 posts in this topic

Dear folks,

I am a newbie and I would very much appreciate your help and advice on the matter.  I have an old Dell GX755 at home currently running XP on the primary HDD.

Specs are as follows:

CPU: Core 2 Duo 4400: 2Ghz

RAM: 8Gb

Minitower Stock model fitted with PCI Express video card HD4350 (I know this card is a dog to mod for an hackintosh so I will get a compatible video card) and a Belkin Firewire PCI card to connect to firewire soundcard.  

I have been given a Samsung 120gb SSD as a gift and would like to install Mountain Lion on this SSD separately from the current HDD which has XP.

I would be very grateful if someone can advice me on the following matters:

1. What should I  do with AHCI since in my web search, I find out that the Dell GX 755 does not accept two hard drives or one HDD/one SSD at the same time?

2. Which is a low cost compatible low cost video card for the GX 755? I am thinking of a 8500 GT.

3. Please kindly  point me to a beginner's ML installation guide for the Dell GX 755.

Thanks a million.

Best regards,

Danny