• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Wiz4417

Wiz4417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have a AMD Athlon based computer and I want to install Mac OS X Lion but if that would be impossible I'm happy with a Snow Leopard insall.

Specs of the PC :

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ (Stock, 2.8GHz but sometimes OC to 3.0/3.2GHz but i don't want a OC config on a Mac Installation)

MOBO : MSI MS-7309 v1.0

GPU : ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series 512MB Normal Clock ( No Overclock)

RAM : 4 GB DDR2

HDD : 500 GB SATA 2 HardDrive, but only 164.6 GB free for Mac OS X install because I have to keep the rest of the files and projects.

* This version of BIOS I have doesn't support USB Boot but I've already did the AHCI setting.*

Now I have only this computer ( running Windows 8.1 Pro ) and a Asus Laptop ( running Windows 7, uncompatible with Mac OS X ) because I forgot my new MBP in England at a friend.

gils83

gils83

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

:)

I have doesn't support USB Boot 

enable option usb legacy ;) 

Wiz4417

Wiz4417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've already enabled that option :)

gils83

gils83

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

use chameleon 2391 : Lion i386 and x86_64 / Mountain Lion / Mavericks / Yosemite  for old carte mère :) 

and for SL use iatkos s3 v2 or by hazard 10.6.2 / busratio=14 -v -f ;) 

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

I owned an Intel-based MSI branded Mobo but they're actually not "true" MSI Mobo despite their name.

It also missed some basic options in the BIOS like USB Boot & AHCI.

But maybe you have an option like USB-HDD that can enable USB boot in your settings.

If not, your best option is to find an up to date BIOS for your particular model. I know it can be a pain in the ****ss to find the correct one but that did the trick for me.

Good luck in your research ! :)

Wiz4417

Wiz4417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I saw a tutorial like 8 months ago about BIOS settings for Mac OS X installation and I could did them all but I've also found out that Windows works better with those options activated.
The problem is that I can boot from an external drive connected via USB but I can't boot from a PenDrive (Windows, Linux or Mac) and the same PenDrive works with my laptop. Maybe is beacause I can't get into the boot menu and select which drive I want to boot from. It would be awesome if I could find a distro or something that is already-configured like a Hazard distro or something like that. Because I find modyfing the retail version or intalling a bootloader into the system etc. a pain in the *** . I already downloaded some .pkg kexts (drivers) for the OnBoard Ethernet controller. What I want to do is burn a single-layer DVD , insert it, boot from the DVD, open the installer, select the proper drivers from the Customise tab and then wait for it to install and to work next because I don't have so much time to spend writing kexts or modifying the Retail version etc.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

You still have the option to use an external USB HDD to create an OS X Installer, just like you would with a USB Pen. The process is strictly the same.

For distros, AFAIK there's only Niresh that supports Yosemite (for free) on both Intel & AMD CPU's and can be burn right to a DVD.  Your specs should be OK with the new OS.

For older versions, there's also Niresh ISOs availables or you can try iAtkos L2 or ML2.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
I think you should get Intel base, it is much better in the long run and no worries about trouble unkown coming up.

Wiz4417

Wiz4417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I agree with you, a Intel based system is much better, but I've already bought a Macbook Pro Retina with Yosemite, 32 gb ram , 512 ssd i7 etc. But I forgot it at a friend of mine in england so I have to go back in england to get it but I don't want to buy another computer because I'm happy with what I have. I have this PC I want to convert it into a Hackintosh , My MBPR and a Asus laptop for school so.. And I will buy a Mac Mini or something in that size which is compatible with Hackintosh for a fixed music producing machine in September or Octomber this year. But you know, till then I have to get this PC run Mac OS X Lion or anything higher. Like.. everything above Snow Leopard is good, if it works and it's stable.

I agree with you, a Intel based system is much better, but I've already bought a Macbook Pro Retina with Yosemite, 32 gb ram , 512 ssd i7 etc. But I forgot it at a friend of mine in england so I have to go back in england to get it but I don't want to buyarrow-10x10.png another computer because I'm happy with what I have. I have this PC I want to convert it into a Hackintosh , My MBPR and a Asus laptop for school so.. And I will buyarrow-10x10.png a Mac Mini or something in that size which is compatible with Hackintosh for a fixed music producing machine in September or Octomber this year. But you know, till then I have to get this PC run Mac OS X Lion or anything higher. Like.. everything above Snow Leopard is good, if it works and it's stable.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
Get the rigth modify mach_kernel, I don't know the grapgics card that currently in your pc is work in osx or need modify some graphics kext.
Or you want to add a graphics card such radeon 68xx series or 5750 something, some old nvidia card, play around with it.
Good luck

Wiz4417

Wiz4417

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think that's the way to go. I'll try to contact a friend which is into hackintoshes so maybe he'll create a DVD of Mac OS X compatible with my pc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd, hackintosh, athlon, dualcore, dual-core, AMD, Hackintosh, OS X, OSX, Lion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy