Clover unable to boot Windows 8 past bootlogo

2 posts in this topic

so i have clover installed and windows 8 installed as uefi. when i boot windows through the bios it works fine but when i boot windows efi through clover it goes to the windows boot logo spins a few times then my monitor just turns off. the computer is still on and the fans are still running so i cant tell if windows is still running just without the graphics card. when i start windows in safemode through clover though it boots just fine. anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it?

I have a gtx770 and z87x-ud3h

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue. It seems to be related to the graphics card. I'm using a GTX 980 on a z77x-ud5h. I can boot into Windows 10 if I use the safe mode display driver from Microsoft, or if I switch to on-board graphics. Thing is it was working find until I did a system update. Nothing I do now seems to work. Uninstalling and reinstalling worked when I booted with the Micfosoft bootloader instead of Clover, and it continued to work until I booted with Clover. After booting with Clover the card stops working again.

I do not have any card issues in OS X or in Windows 7.