automatic sleep monitors

6 posts in this topic

hi friends

I have system mavericks installed on my pc sabertooth x58 and running smoothly.the problem is my two monitors goes in automatic sleep mode while I am using the pc.and the pc continues running.so to continue to use the pc I must reboot it and the work not saved all get cancelled.please need helf.thank you

Can't you just click a keyboard or mouse button to switch on the monitors or this doesn't help at all?

The one possible solution is to check the built-in monitors' power management via the monitor setup menu (in the monitor setting there might be some monitor power management settings, for example: switch off monitor after 60 mins, 120 mins, and so on, and never switch off the monitor).

The second thing you have to check is the monitor power management in the Energy Saver / System Preferences: Turn display off after: XX mins.

2iswdom.png

If one of the above 3 doesn't help you probably have keyboard / mouse wake issues.

thanks a lot for the reply

in power savings option I have computer sleep and display sleep set to never.and when the monitors in sleep mode the keyboard or mouse  awake do not answer.only way to continue to use the pc is must restart from the restart button.

any other sugections please.

thanks a lot for the reply

in power savings option I have computer sleep and display sleep set to never.and when the monitors in sleep mode the keyboard or mouse  awake do not answer.only way to continue to use the pc is must restart from the restart button.

any other sugections please.

Then how the monitors are switched off when you set Energy Saver / System Preferences: Turn display off after: never? It seems you have monitor power management held by itself (check the monitors setup menu).

This is second issue: You say you can't wake the monitors via keyboard / mouse click, then you definately have wake issues. Search the forum threads how to fix your DSDT or to set proper BIOS and bootloader seetings in order to get wake from sleep via mouse / keyboard click.

hi

now I foudnd one problem and reason.my pc goes automatic sleep on when I use final cut pro.using the pc normally with other progs no problem at all.any suggections

Oops, strange. I'm not a Final Cut Pro user and can't suggest you anything, unfortunately.