5960X, Rampage V Extreme OsxAptioFix Problem

cool_recep

62 posts in this topic

It's not about avoiding or not. Logic dictates that if something is not gonna work then it won't work, but when it's on and off then it means there is something somewhere that's causing an issue and getting to the bottom of it is the fun part.... a lot of nerve wrecking, but fun part.

It's not about avoiding or not. Logic dictates that if something is not gonna work then it won't work, but when it's on and off then it means there is something somewhere that's causing an issue and getting to the bottom of it is the fun part.... a lot of nerve wrecking, but fun part.

Try deleting the kernelcache again.

I have found that the BTFirmwareUploader wreaks havoc on my install. I gave that the nix.

After I did that I could then use TB normally (yay!).

There is also an alternate AptioFix floating around on insanelymac, give that a shot. I could not tell if it was better, but it definitely wasn't worse.

Sorry, forgot you don't even have BT on that WS-E. Will upload the alternate AptioFix in a minute. Attached, courtesy of Xeye.

Hey guys - does booting with -f work for you? I don't recall if it still boots without the kernel cache in current versions of OS X... Also have you tried CloverEFI? At the very least you would not get the aptiofix error.

-f does not, I see there is a boot without caches option on a Clover guide, but I do not see that option on my build.

We are using UEFI Clover.

Well legacy doesn't use aptiofix so it's at least something worth considering. Boot without caches never worked for me with this issue, idk why - it doesn't seem to do the same thing as Chameleon's UseKernelCache=No. It still loads the kernel cache when I do it.

• 7 months later...

I think I just got through the same issue you were having way back.  

Short answer solution: Perform Clover Mac OS X Install with mobo graphics and with PCI Video card completely removed. Install drivers in Mac OSX and enable the video drivers.  Install video card and switch BIOS to use your video card as primary.

If you do not have motherboard graphics or a spare natively supported video card you may be able to do the UB/MB install with

boot: -v -x nv_disable=1 and get through the install.  Then you install your video drivers and run the Clover installer on the hard drive you just installed and configure it the way you think you should (see the link below for the steps I used and links to all the guides I used that I found useful).  Technically, I did install this way, but I think I had set my BIOS to use the mobo graphics and was able to leave the PCI video card in there.  For clover, it wouldn't get past your the OsxAptioFix section with the PCI Video card installed.

Here is the step by step for what I did for my specific setup, but it sounds like it would work for you too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308154-gtx-960-causing-error-allocating-pages-failure-using-clover/