5960X, Rampage V Extreme OsxAptioFix Problem

cool_recep

62 posts in this topic

Thank you. I will create a proper guide to install when I install. 

I hope one day that you can take responsibility for your actions and apologize for your actions. But it seems for the time being you do not want to read nor follow set instructions. The guide is proper you just need to read and follow the guide as stated. 

Thank you. I will create a proper guide to install when I install.

It's interesting that someone that has spent 2+ weeks failing to get his build running (not even booting) while bad mouthing everyone along the way, is now going to provide us with a proper guide...  I'd suggest you eBay your parts and run down to your local Apple store. Rampage Dev, how's your X79 & X99's running, mine are running quite nice...   :P     

• Like 3

I hope one day that you can take responsibility for your actions and apologize for your actions. But it seems for the time being you do not want to read nor follow set instructions. The guide is proper you just need to read and follow the guide as stated. 

I don't know how many times do I need to state that I have followed your guide and many other guides and could not get past either Memory Allocation or PCI Configuration.

It's interesting that someone that has spent 2+ weeks failing to get his build running (not even booting) while bad mouthing everyone along the way, is now going to provide us with a proper guide...  I'd suggest you eBay your parts and run down to your local Apple store. Rampage Dev, how's your X79 & X99's running, mine are running quite nice...   :P     

The one that has spent two weeks is you, even with a compatible Gigabyte mobo. I have spent only two days. You don't even know how to patch the kernel. I will have fun seeing you struggle with problems on systems you have no idea about.

The system is not mine. If it was, I would have installed it already. Someone will be ending at an Apple Store soon :)

@cool_recep  Maybe your problem is that you can't read or comprehend what you read...  The post at Project refers to creating a USB installer that will get Clover to patch the kernel on the fly, and if not, then at least inject an already patched kernel during the install, has nothing to do with the current working process.  You might consider posting your kiddie {censored} somewhere else... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I kept getting stuck on PCI Configuration when attempting to boot the installer and the OS without safe mode. After a couple of weeks of trying different flags and methods, I finally stumbled upon adding:

debug=0x14e

To the kernel boot flags. I wanted more logging, but instead this fixed both my installer and my OS. This may only apply to people doing a fresh install with this hardware as apposed to an upgrade from Mavericks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am on an ASUS X99 Deluxe, latest BIOS, E5-2697 V3 and am getting hung up on PCI Configuration Begins even with AptioFix2, debug=0x14e, and IOPCIFamily rollback. This is from an already working 10.10.2 UEFI install that I did on my UEFI X79 build.

Tried with a GT 430 (obviously had to use legacy with the 430) and with a GTX 980 as Web Drivers appear to complicate things with Clover. Tried both UEFI and Legacy, same error, same place. AptioFix spits out fatal errors occasionally, usually relating to graphics flags.

Guess I will install 10.9.5 /w chameleon for now. There seem to be some bugs to work out that are not know at this time and not solved with Rampage's method, nor anyone else's that I have seen. I do not know what the precise variables are, but am happy to try things if anyone has advice.

• Like 1

Read here http://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/t3814-installation-x99-asus-deluxe-mavericks-10-9-5-cpu-5930k-cg-titan-black

kernel patch:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

• Like 1

Read here http://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/t3814-installation-x99-asus-deluxe-mavericks-10-9-5-cpu-5930k-cg-titan-black

kernel patch:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

The kernel in 10.10 cannot be patched prior to installation (at least not like this). Additionally, I have already patched the kernel for 10.10. If I had not, then I would receive the stop sign and reboot.

I also have 10.9.5 working just fine. This is a Yosemite only issue.

The kernel in 10.10 cannot be patched prior to installation (at least not like this). Additionally, I have already patched the kernel for 10.10. If I had not, then I would receive the stop sign and reboot.

I also have 10.9.5 working just fine. This is a Yosemite only issue.

Thats not true at all. 

• Like 1

Thats not true at all. 

How helpful of you. Which part is not true?

The 10.10 kernel can literally not be patched as that link indicates. That link has information for 10.9.5 that involves patching a mach_kernel at root of a USB installer.

It is possible to effectively patch the kernel in 10.10 on an installer, but it is no where near the simple method that it was in 10.9.

Do you personally have an ASUS X99 board running UEFI Clover with a GTX 97 0r GTX 980 Andrew? If so, can you share your EFI folder and all installed kexts? Having some trouble here using the files from your DMG.

Again. Not true.

Haswelle=true

In clover and done. Been like that for 3 weeks atleast.

Also you need to follow my install guide and use the files digested from the dmg in the guide and done.

Follow clover updates and documentation next time. :)

I have done several installs with most boards and Gpu combos... Nothing special...

10.10.1 works, just tried it.

Made no changes in the other files I am using.

Not sure what you mean by the "Again. Not true. Haswelle=true"

edit: hmm..more problems.

Installed Web Driver, but next boot just restarts after "PCI Configuration Begins"

Going back to nv_disable=1 is now resulting in a KP, no backtrace.

I have gotten it to boot once several times now, but then the following reboot has problems with either AptioFix or PCI Configuration Beings. (this is without changing a single thing)

Looking at the comments on Rampage's download page I can see several other people have this identical problem. I used several methods to install Yosemite, including the method Rampage advocates in his guide. The problem remains.

It seems to be a system kernel/cache issue (or perhaps just memory map if the problem is solely with AptioFix) which I imagine is either only affecting GTX 970/980 users, or just made worse with the Web Drivers and the fact AptioFix2 does not work on the X99 Deluxe.

In the meantime OP, you can boot once and never shutdown :)

I think I have a workaround, at five boots back to back now. Will figure out exactly what made the difference.

Confirmed, workaround.

Finally triggered the AptioFix error again on restart. All one needs to do is navigate to System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete kernelcache.

I suggest doing this before your first startup if you install 10.10 via Rampage's method, then again after your first startup. Add this small bit of information to your guide Andrew.

After that, I only rarely saw the error.

• Like 2

I think I have a workaround, at five boots back to back now. Will figure out exactly what made the difference.

Confirmed, workaround.

Finally triggered the AptioFix error again on restart. All one needs to do is navigate to System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete kernelcache.

I suggest doing this before your first startup if you install 10.10 via Rampage's method, then again after your first startup. Add this small bit of information to your guide Andrew.

Will do. 

Confirmed, workaround.

This also solves the issue on X99-e ws boards.
  • Like 2

This also solves the issue on X99-e ws boards.

No longer a Very Expensive Paperweight? ;p

Also, FYI, don't try to get BT Continuity/Handoff working so long as this AptioFix problem remains as it makes the AptioFix error happen 100% of the time.

God, trying to boot with Thunderbolt devices attached makes this bug happen constantly as well. Worst bug ever.