Issue with booting/login and dual GPU's. OS X changes to other GPU.

wolfie81

4 posts in this topic

Ive done a reinstall of Yosemite as it was collecting junk and Ive come across a strange problem. I have dual GPU's as per sig. Just before Im supposed to enter 'login screen' my screen goes completely black. Ive noticed that the mac has switched to the other GPU. This is confirmed when I pull out my DP connection on GPU 1 and connect it to GPU 2. Then the login screen appears and proceeds as normal on GPU 2. 

If I boot on GPU 2, the same thing happens but inverse so I change it to GPU 1 on login.

Could it be a BIOS issue/setting or is there somewhere where I can 'disable' one GPU in OS X. Maybe a Clover setting?

I really appreciate any help that anyone can post. Thank you.

Ive done a reinstall of Yosemite as it was collecting junk and Ive come across a strange problem. I have dual GPU's as per sig. Just before Im supposed to enter 'login screen' my screen goes completely black. Ive noticed that the mac has switched to the other GPU. This is confirmed when I pull out my DP connection on GPU 1 and connect it to GPU 2. Then the login screen appears and proceeds as normal on GPU 2. 

If I boot on GPU 2, the same thing happens but inverse so I change it to GPU 1 on login.

Could it be a BIOS issue/setting or is there somewhere where I can 'disable' one GPU in OS X. Maybe a Clover setting?

I really appreciate any help that anyone can post. Thank you.

2 Discrete GPU or 1 on board?  If its onboard you can disable this in the bios.. If its 2 discrete then i don't think OS X supports this at this time and I'm not sure how you would get around it.

edit - ahh just noticed the sig, 2x780.. no clue then.. sorry