Also no sound after sleep - Yosemite + Clover Realtek ALC 892

Humanate

31 posts in this topic

You don't use the old config snippets on something that has completely different configuration layout now. 

Open the plist with Xcode, opposed to editing the XML structure in plain text. 

There'a already a Realtek ALC892 desktop profile, which you need to alias from your custom profile. By default Gigabyte and Intel boards will utilize it, because they are configured as:

10ec_0892_HDA_1458 - Realtek ALC892 desktop

10ec_0892_HDA_8086 - Realtek ALC892 desktop

When the kext starts, in outputs some general data about the codec:

CodecCommander: ....CodecVendor Id: 0x10ec0892
 CodecCommander: ....Codec Address: 2
 CodecCommander: ....Subsystem Id: 0x1458a002
 CodecCommander: ....PCI Sub Id: 0x1458a002

The 1458 in this case is Gigabyte make (subvendor ID), which you need to use in your profile alias. If you have a different codec other than 892, said profile configuration would also be required, not only setting up an alias.

• 1 month later...

You don't use the old config snippets on something that has completely different configuration layout now. 

Open the plist with Xcode, opposed to editing the XML structure in plain text. 

There'a already a Realtek ALC892 desktop profile, which you need to alias from your custom profile. By default Gigabyte and Intel boards will utilize it, because they are configured as:

10ec_0892_HDA_1458 - Realtek ALC892 desktop

10ec_0892_HDA_8086 - Realtek ALC892 desktop

When the kext starts, in outputs some general data about the codec:

CodecCommander: ....CodecVendor Id: 0x10ec0892
 CodecCommander: ....Codec Address: 2
 CodecCommander: ....Subsystem Id: 0x1458a002
 CodecCommander: ....PCI Sub Id: 0x1458a002

The 1458 in this case is Gigabyte make (subvendor ID), which you need to use in your profile alias. If you have a different codec other than 892, said profile configuration would also be required, not only setting up an alias.

Hi there,

I have an asus z97i-plus which has the ALC892 builtin. I have downloaded CodecCommander, open with Xcode, build and grabbed the build/Products/Release/CodecCommander.kext and placed it in the kexts folder of my Clover bootloader EFI partition (running yosemite 10.10.4 with Toleda HDA patching) but I get no sound after sleep.

Am I missing something? Do I need to install it to the system/library/extensions, not placing it in the clover kexts folders? I've found some posts about changing the Info.plist but it seems that it was for a different version because as you state, now it includes configurations for 892 and others.

Thanks.

CC doesn't work from EFI partition, you missed that much.

Ok, that makes sense actually, I've missed it.

Besides that, there is no need for changes in the kext plist for ALC892? Just build from github repo and install the kext system wide?

Thanks !

• 2 years later...

@TimeWalker75a I hope you'll forgive the thread resurrection.....

Problem - No sound after sleep. I did have a working codeccommander kext following your kind help previously but I have lost it.

A couple of years ago, you helped me with codec commander, I am learning but knowledge is limited so need explanations sometimes, can follow instructions. I hope you can help, it is greatly appreciated

What I've tried

• Downloaded your EAPD-Codec-Commander from https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander
  • Open the project file EAPD-Codec-Commander-master/CodecCommander.xcodeproj with xcode v 7.3.1
  • Hit command B, project builds, go to Product, Build For, Profiling
  • Expand Product section on left side, right click CodecCommander, show in Finder, go up a catalog and go to Release folder
  • Right click the kext in there and edit with Plist edit Pro

I kept screenshots last time you helped me so I would know what to do in future, or so I thought!

Previously, I was editing the text shown here:

1634808290_ScreenShot2015-01-02at18_44_54.png.f21bf92b38a4be6cb0225eb1726bc1ea.png

And here:

646749201_ScreenShot2015-01-02at18_51_35.png.03ea42482cfd92fb7cb2d69cc960fc86.png

The thing is, now when I edit in Plist Edit Pro, the text is completely different and I cant find the sections as above at all. This is where not understanding what you are actually doing is the problem!

My system is:

Mobo - GA-Z87-HD3

Audio - ALC-892

OS - El-Capitan 10.11.6

Bootloader - Clover

I've attached my config.plist, let me know what other details/info you need. If you'll indulge me, I do need procedures explained such that an enthusiastic amateur will understand.

config.plist.zip