10 replies to this topic

adamisapple

adamisapple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

I am a fellow Mac user and would love to see Grand Theft Auto V (5) on Mac. It is coming to PC, so why not to Mac? Vote for GTA V to come to Mac here: https://www.change.o...st_created=true

I hope together, we can find a way to bring GTA V to Mac.

Cheers,

Adam

ameris cyning

ameris cyning

Are you keeping up with the Commodore?

• Donators
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Deutschland, electronic music, Clover EFI

Its not happening

Not enough demand

The best you can do is play it using Parallels, which has a bit of negative effect on the performance.

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

If GTA 4 can't make it to OS X platform, neither will GTA 5

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,224 posts

There's this great OS by Microsoft called Windows that you can install on your PC. For gaming, it performs much better than OS X.

The best thing about it is that it's actually made for PCs so there's not much hacking involved, you don't need to mess around with boot loaders, perl scripts and patched kernel extensions.

---

If you are running OS X on an actual Mac, install Windows on it and play the Windows version. Macs can dual boot and run Windows natively.

It's great if you like games but don't want to "pollute" your precious production environment (ie, your expensive MacPro used in a recording studio or for graphic design and video editing)

Prepare to be disappointed, unless you own a MacPro with a fast Kepler card/ATI equivalent or better, there's no way you'll be able to play GTA 4, much less 5 on your Mac.

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

GTA 4 is finished in a haste attempt by Rockstar ( like a bad port from console ). It was never optimized enough, so you need high-end specs to play it. My old Asus laptop can't even play it well on low settings

JahStories

JahStories

Elijah

• Donators
  • 2,770 posts

The only real good way to play it would be wineskin or cider, but even GTAIV needs an high end mac to make it playable...

here a link to the wrappers thread on porting team.

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Causing Chaos just to watch the world burn

just use the mod to turn gta 4 into gta 5 then use the porting team to run it on os x like i do

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

I tried using a wrapper for GTA 4 but performance was never as good as it is on windows. 

My suggestion:

Want games = install windows.

JahStories

JahStories

Elijah

• Donators
  • 2,770 posts

I agree with you, mostly for a game like GTAIV (a bad console port) but most games runs perfectly, Wine is really a powerful piece of software.

archfan

archfan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Just let me correct this.

GTA 4 is finished in a haste attempt by Rockstar ( like a bad port from console ). It was never optimized enough, so you needed high-end specs to play it. My old Asus laptop can't even play it well on low settings

sathachlaixeanninh

sathachlaixeanninh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I love play GTA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grand, theft, auto, mac, MacBook, Pro, Air

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy