ASUS B85M-E Not Booting into OS X Installer

Dakdot

12 posts in this topic

Hi. I recently built a new PC. I decided to install an ASUS B85M-E motherboard inside it. As soon as I finished, I prepared a Yosemite installer from my iMac using the Tonymacx86 method and plugged the USB into a USB 3.0 port. I entered the UEFI BIOS to boot from the flash drive. It tried to boot a few times and returned me to the UEFI BIOS screen. I then decided to install Kubuntu 14.10, and then found my Niresh 10.8 Installer DVD. The computer booted from there. Installed Niresh 10.8.2 and had no problems (other than booting without the disc) since. How can I get Yosemite on my system?

Ok, so I got to Clover. Now, when I boot, I get the Apple logo and everything and then it will do the Spinning Beach Ball of Death and never stop (I left for like 20 minutes last night to see if anything happened). What do you think is happening now?

Ok, so I got to Clover. Now, when I boot, I get the Apple logo and everything and then it will do the Spinning Beach Ball of Death and never stop (I left for like 20 minutes last night to see if anything happened). What do you think is happening now?

What GPU? 

What GPU? 

XFX Radeon 6570

boot with -v flag and post screenshot. What is your specification?

I have an Intel i5-4440 @ 3.19 GHz, ASUS B85M-E/CSM Motherboard (uses UEFI), XFX Radeon 6570, Intel 5xxx Integrated Graphics (I don't use it though), Samsung 840 EVO 128 SSD and a WD Green 2TB HDD.