Unable to wake from sleep "requested push wake but lacks APSPushWakeEntitlement"

carpetfizz

30 posts in this topic

Hello! 

I have a Hackintosh running Yosemite 10.10.1 using a Clover Boot (latest) and it won't wake from Sleep. The display goes into hibernation and wakes when I move the mouse and keyboard, but when I actually go to  > Sleep, the LED indicator on my PC turns off and my monitor goes to sleep. However, when I move the keyboard or mouse it doesn't wake up. I press the button on on my PC and it makes noises as if it were waking up, but the indicator turns off and I have to do a force restart. Attached is my config.plist. Here is what my log shows:

12/25/14 12:10:13.829 PM WindowServer[121]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [600131169623]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
12/25/14 12:12:06.928 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.416 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.438 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.447 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.453 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.461 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.469 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:51:21.606 PM apsd[49]: Peer [pid=306] requested push wake but lacks APSPushWakeEntitlement
12/25/14 12:53:03.916 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.767 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.782 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.814 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.819 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.841 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:15.891 PM apsd[49]: Attempt to set push wake topics without dark wake enabled: ()
12/25/14 12:53:16.730 PM apsd[49]: Peer [pid=310] requested push wake but lacks APSPushWakeEntitlement

Specs:

Desktop Dell x8300

CPU Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz.

Motherboard Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG

Graphics 2047MB Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (MSI)

Storage 250GB SanDisk SSD

Network Dell Dw 1510 AGN Broadcom BCM94322

RAM 8GB DDR3

config.plist.zip

Thank you so much, your new config file worked! After running the command you gave I got:

hibernate mode 0

I have a couple questions though:

1. Can I wake up the computer using my mouse and keyboard? As of now they are powered off when my system is sleeping

2. I get the following errors when I boot in verbose (it still boots though)

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 1
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 7
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 6
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 4
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 3
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 5
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

I followed the directions in your link and everything seemed to work. Now I am having a few problems:

My ACPI listing looks like this now:

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict></dict>

When I deleted the entries in ACPI it froze on boot with a single:

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU

But when I keep the ACPI entries it boots normally but with the P-State errors from my previous post.

Thanks

You don't need SSDT since Clover generates it perfectly :)

These Clover configs are sufficient for proper Haswell CPU Power Management:

SSDT:

DropOem=Yes (True)

Generate:

CStates=Yes (True)

PStates=Yes (True)

and KernelPm=Yes under KernelAndKextPatches.

You don't need SSDT since Clover generates it perfectly :)

These Clover configs are sufficient for proper Haswell CPU Power Management:

SSDT:

DropOem=Yes (True)

Generate:

CStates=Yes (True)

PStates=Yes (True)

and KernelPm=Yes under KernelAndKextPatches.

He use Sandy Bridge CPU: Intel i7 2600

And use Clover settings is optional, for him is better SSDT per hour.

Okay, I removed the entry altogether. Now the system boots but it gives me the following errors in verbose mode (it still boots)

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 1
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 7
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 6
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 4
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 3
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 5
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

Also, on shutdown I get the following messages (it still shuts down fine)

Unmount of /home failed (45)

Unmount of /net failed (45)

EDIT: something that might help. I have two AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext files. One is 233KB and one is 48KB. Both are located in /S/L/E

Yes is safe. 100%

Your CPU will burn if the power management is incorrect. But don't worry, i never see anybody lost Machine just because use Hackintosh.  ;)

You apply the patch in AICPM or use AICPMpatch in Clover?

That's good to hear. But do you think the power management is incorrect or is it a bug in Clover where it shows that message? 

I patched AICPM through the terminal using "AICPMPatch.pl". 

By the way, I have FakeSMC.kext, maybe that helps. 

EDIT: Could it be a GPU problem? I have an MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Post a Clover boot.log please (a DarwinDumper report would be much better), we need to know if it's picking up your custom SSDT, how it detects your CPU, and which Mac model it chooses to emulate. And first of all make sure the AICPUPM kext is an original and untouched version, then enable Clover's own patcher just to make sure it's not a bad patching/kext issue.

And to enable wake from USB devices, disable Devices->USB->AddClockID.

We need the whole folder (it should have created a zip as well), not the html. It lacks all the dumps. I left you a link to the wiki's description of the patch. Simply add AsusAICPUPM to the KernelAndKextPatches section:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
	<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
	<true/>
</dict>

Oh dear, where to start… First of all, as you seem to be having trouble editing the config.plist I recommend you Clover Configurator (the website is down ATM). You just need to import/export the config.plist you're using and avoid dealing with plist editors.

1- Select an appropriate Mac model and inject it manually in the SMBIOS section of the config.plist. Clover automatically chooses iMac12,2 because of your CPU, which is good, but it injects always the same old serials. You can generate all this data with Clover Configurator.

2- You're not loading a custom SSDT nor generating it with Clover (necessary for proper CPU power management), and your currently loaded SSDT is useless for PM. Try with Clover's generator first (enable ACPI/SSDT/Generate/C & P States). If that fails, generate one with Pike's script and place it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

3- You're not loading a custom DSDT nor patching it with Clover. Check out Clover's DSDT fixes and enable the ones you think you need. Read each description carefully. You can enable several patches right away like AddDTGP_0001, FixDarwin_0002, FixHPET_0010, FixIPIC_0040, FixSBUS_0080, FixUSB_1000, FixLAN_2000, FixAirport_4000, FixHDA_8000 (you need to patch the AppleHDA kext to get audio output, check out Toleda's guide), NewWay_80000000 and FixRegions_10000000. If it solves the sleep issue then great, else check out the other fixes (NewWay), many affect the sleep/wake behaviour.

4- Turn off AddClockID if you want to wake the system with your USB keyboard or mouse.

5- Look for a kext for your ethernet controller: Broadcom NetLink BCM57788 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:1691]

You've got a lot to try mate, good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you! 

1. I use Clover Configurator, and I have already done this. 

2. I enabled the auto generating thing in Clover and it solved my problem! 

3. I added these extra lines following the guide.

4. I just bought a Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard, so I won't be needing this right now - but thanks.

5. I'm using WiFi, which is working fine.

Now my only question. Allan had given me a modified config.plist, and had made me do the SSDT generation. How do I delete the SSDT he made me create? 

Everything is working fine (for now), I thank you both for your patience and help!