AMD A10-4600M acceleration not working

nnvt

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

A few days ago I installed OS X Mavericks on my hp laptop and I updated it to 10.9.3 (the update has nothing to do with this question) and everything works except the graphics acceleration :(

My cpu is a AMD A10-4600M with Radeon HD 7660G integrated graphics and the Radeon HD 8670M as a dedicated GPU.

My plan is to disable the 8670M (this worked) and only enable the 7660G on OS X, but it's not working so well: The total VRAM is only 5mb and the animations(for example opening the launchpad or the dashboard) is really really glitchy It's like a set of slides sliding in on top of each other. Which leads me to think that the acceleration is not working.

This is what my laptop shows in the "system report" section:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x0

VRAM(total) 5mb

Vendor: ATI(0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9900

Revision D: 0x0000

Now you might tell me that it is as easy as injecting the correct settings(which I have) into a DSDT.aml file but unfortunately that will not work either because you need to look up your GPU inside the IORegistryExplorer and I CANNOT find any reference to GFX or IGPU, I checked in PCI0 and other categories and I just cannot find it!

My AMD7000controller.kext and AMDx4000.kext are modified with the correct Device ID and vendor ID, this solved my "no kext loaded" problem and removed the "invalid corb size" from the verbose boot. When I boot up my pc in verbose I can see that it recognises my GPU as Trinity which is correct but the gpu still refuses to work.

Also I'm fine with my not in use 8670M drawing power because my laptop is plugged in 99% of the time that I use it.

Is there anyone that can help me? I've been posting on forums over and over again and no one ever seems to know the answer(no one ever replied) So I hope I can change that with this post since my hackintosh laptop is almost perfect and ready for daily driver use.

If you need more information about my setup, please feel free to ask!

Here is a video demonstration of the problem:

Thank you very much,

nnvt

AMD APU graphics do not have acceleration yet

Until Apple releases those kexts (they do exist, trust me. Apple has those "just in case projects"), APU users are stuck with having to use a different solution

AMD APU graphics do not have acceleration yet

Until Apple releases those kexts (they do exist, trust me. Apple has those "just in case projects"), APU users are stuck with having to use a different solution

Thank you for replying! But is there anything I can do (maybe disable my integrated graphics and enable my dedicated gpu?) or Is it just a good idea to give up right now and come back later?

Thank you for replying! But is there anything I can do (maybe disable my integrated graphics and enable my dedicated gpu?) or Is it just a good idea to give up right now and come back later?

That is a good question. Unfortunately that is not one that I can answer. It is best that you post this question in the ATI graphics subforum

• Like 1