Mac os x 10.10 or KDE x64

6 posts in this topic

Working on my G5 mod, setting up a budget for the hardware going with an I5 quad core, Gigabyte motherboard, 1666Mhz DDR3 Ram (6Gb), 1 Tb (split 500gb, 500gb) WD Sata harddrive, Nvidia 650TI graphic card.

Purpose of the build is for studing and understanding Mac build

But now I am working on Ubuntu/linux builds  Thinking of KDE with the build a 64 byte version

might do a dual boot system but I heard  there are some complication with the boot master. None the less would like an option to weight out which one would go well with the system.

thank you for posting,

I have already installed KDE on a Psata (laptop) harddrive, 230Gb. I have a power adapter for Psata to Sata that fits into a standard desktop I will go that route for sure then. It will be less complicated, I will split the 1tb but I do not know what partition format to use. I want to share data in between so I can tranfer data between OS. 

Thank you once again, 

sadly I do not have a spare box (external or HTPC) I guess I will have to require one later on :) 

I know this sounds off topic but it corresponds with formatting FAT file system. HP has a USB format program that will by pass the rated 4Gb limitation. I used the same Psata to backup my PS3 file to format the harddrive, Since the PS3 system will not allow NTFS harddrive to connect and be used I had to use the HP usb format program to format the harddrive into FAT32 the program also allows you to format to fat and bypass the limitation

Not sure if I will be able to do the same over 100Gb but I am willing to try. 

• Like 1