OS X Yosemite 10.10.2: Final version is out! (UPDATE 01/27/2015)

fantomas

26 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/27/apple-os-x-10-10-2/?utm_source=osx&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=front

"Apple today released OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, marking the second update the operating system has received since its October release. Testing for OS X 10.10.2 began in late November, with Apple seeding six betas to developers before releasing the update to the public. 

The OS X 10.10.2 update can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store. 

10102yosemite-800x261.jpg

According to the release notes, OS X 10.10.2 solves lingering issues with Wi-Fi, fixes issues with Safari web pages loading slowly, improves VoiceOver, improves audio and video syncing when using Bluetooth headphones, and adds the ability to browse through iCloud Drive in Time Machine. 

The update also fixes several notable security flaws, including an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content even when the Mail preference was disabled, vulnerabilities detected by Google's Project Zero, and the "Thunderstrike" hardware exploit affecting Thunderbolt-equipped Macs."

• Like 3

IMHO is not possible, only if you used the Mavericks and want to go back.

Thanks, man.

I still have Mavericks on a different partition. But that wouldn't help me in any way, cause Facetime calls through the iPhone don't work with OS X 10.9.

• Like 1

Hello,

Today I had updated by mistake to OSX 10.10.2, I am on a Mac Pro "Not Hackintosh", after the update I get a black screen it stays like that forever, I had switched to another hard drive with OS X 10.10.1 but I get the same black screen, any possible solution please?.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Today I had updated by mistake to OSX 10.10.2, I am on a Mac Pro "Not Hackintosh", after the update I get a black screen it stays like that forever, I had switched to another hard drive with OS X 10.10.1 but I get the same black screen, any possible solution please?.

Thanks in advance.

I got that too... Now I'm gad I wasn't the only one. But I'm sorry for you, man. I had to reinstall the whole damn thing. Interestingly enough, the new installation was made with a standalone version of 10.10.2 (downloaded the .app from Mac Store on Mavericks). And never had any issues with that.

Is there any way to downgrade to 10.10.1?

The new update seems to break quite a few things, including Facetime calls through iPhone.

IMHO is not possible, only if you used the Mavericks and want to go back.

you can always run the full 10.10.1 installer (update) over it and you will be back to the 10.10.1 release version (your data should stay intact as well)

if the installer fails because you're on the newer system version, then use pacifist to install it

• Like 2

you can always run the full 10.10.1 installer (update) over it and you will be back to the 10.10.1 release version (your data should stay intact as well)

if the installer fails because you're on the newer system version, then use pacifist to install it

Thanks, man.

Already tried that. The update fails. But not because I'm trying to install it over a newer version. Or at least that's not the message I get. I don't remember which is the exact error (something like the system is not compatible with the update or some bullcrap like this). I simply cannot select the partition I want it to be installed. They all have that yellow warning icon. Not sure Pacifist will help for this case.

Anyway, apparently my issue was actually caused by other stuff. So no need to revert to 10.10.1 anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it really safe – in other words, a reliable prediction?

I'm using Pacifist; there is to overwrite all programs (not update), isn't it?

All my data should stay intact? May you confirm once more?