OS X Yosemite 10.10.2: Final version is out! (UPDATE 01/27/2015)

fantomas

26 posts in this topic

hi  buda66

when you install a new update, it will overwrite all Apple's apps / system files with new versions... the same thing happens in reverse

but if a new app came with the new update (as iPhoto with 10.10.3 beta), it will not be overwritten with the previous update... the app will still be there but not functional

and in some cases, your OS might be unstable but your data should stay intact

the best thing to do before installing a system update is to make a backup... I think this is the more safe thing   ;)

Thanks, man.

Already tried that. The update fails. But not because I'm trying to install it over a newer version. Or at least that's not the message I get. I don't remember which is the exact error (something like the system is not compatible with the update or some bullcrap like this). I simply cannot select the partition I want it to be installed. They all have that yellow warning icon. Not sure Pacifist will help for this case.

Anyway, apparently my issue was actually caused by other stuff. So no need to revert to 10.10.1 anymore.

yes

the installer has two check functions (installation / volume)

<volume-check script="VolumeCheck()"/>
<installation-check script="InstallationCheck()"/>

just delete both of them and your installer will no more fail

before                                                                    after

before.png after.png