GA-Z77X-UD5H Ozmosis Guide

asstastic

52 posts in this topic

Delete AppleHDA from S/L/E.

Use this Installer for ALC898 http://www.hackintoshosx.com/file/4564-os-x-audio-alcapp/

Use the OZ 1669 F14 Bios from here: http://www.hackintosh-inc.de/index.php/Board/9-Ozmosis-UEFI-Firmware-Download-Center/

Copy AppleIntelE1000e.kext (v3.2.4.2 from Multicast v8.0) to EFI/OZ/Darwin/Extensions/Common on the EFI partition.

Thanks for the tip on the ALC898 installer. I will test it out.

The Oz bios link you posted requires registration on the hackintosh-inc.de forums to view/download.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo,

Just looking to upgrade my hackintosh to El Cap using your guide and the latest BIOS from https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/16399-Mod-f%C3%BCr-das-Z77X-UD5H/?postID=203120#post203120

However, on your first post the link to the DSDT is the same as the link to your Defaults.plist file. Just FYI on that!

Anything I should know about, or do we expect everything to be working well with this board and El Cap now?

Thanks for all your work over the years, I have a stable machine because of it.

Having trouble getting this to work. I'm assuming that you should be able to boot back in to Yosemite once you've made all the changes in your guide?

The OS halts booting at the Apple logo, and the progress bar doesn't even start. If I move back to the old BIOS it still doesn't work - I need to completely undo the guide, removing the DSDT and defaults.plist

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the system type and serial - I'm working with a machine I got working with your Yosemite guide, which used a Mac Mini as the system type and serial - but the defaults.plist seems to contain details of a Mac Pro.

Is there anything in this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: It now seems the BIOS you've provided in this guide breaks on my rev 1.0 board. I have to replace it with the backup BIOS and can't get it to boot at all; it freezes at the Gigabyte logo.

Sorry to hear it didn't work. I hope you have your system back and fully functional now. I have seen similar issues on my board where it would lock up at POST but the issue occurred after a system crash and I had not flashed the BIOS recently.

I opened a thread up at Hackintosh-Forum.de and the kind folks there sorted me out with a working Defaults.plist and DSDT.aml. 

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/25472-English-I-need-some-help-with-El-Capitan-and-Z77X-UD5H-and-Ozmosis-This-is-the-b/?postID=207845#post207845

I believe the issue with the ones you've provided is that they don't inject the HD4000 IGPU, as I believe you're using a dedicated GPU on your machine.

Hope this is useful, and thanks again for your help.

• 1 month later...

Hi Asstastic, the 1669 BIOS you have posted from your drop box doesn't seem to be working on my Z77XUD5H v1.0 ... it never boots to the HermitCrab screen and it ends up showing me a frozen Bios Screen when it finally does boot :/ I've ended up switching to my backup bios and then flashing it back to my main and then flashing my back up bios again with my stable main image

Hi Asstastic, the 1669 BIOS you have posted from your drop box doesn't seem to be working on my Z77XUD5H v1.0 ... it never boots to the HermitCrab screen and it ends up showing me a frozen Bios Screen when it finally does boot :/ I've ended up switching to my backup bios and then flashing it back to my main and then flashing my back up bios again with my stable main image

Sorry about that. I have updated the first post with a warning for rev 1.0 boards.

Not sure if this is a board rev issue, a bad upload, bad BIOS flash or problematic nvram settings.

• 6 months later...

Hey Asstastic, I was wondering if you could make a new bios with the new updated bios F16H and with the new Oz - 167X-MAS??  

I have tried to make my own, and using others; I always get a blank verbose boot and apple logo hanging with 0 disk activity.   Clover boots fine, and all my boot-args are the exact same. Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers and thanks! :)

Hey Asstastic, I was wondering if you could make a new bios with the new updated bios F16H and with the new Oz - 167X-MAS??  

I have tried to make my own, and using others; I always get a blank verbose boot and apple logo hanging with 0 disk activity.   Clover boots fine, and all my boot-args are the exact same. Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers and thanks! :)

Here is Oz-167X-MASS for F16g bios:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1488481/16g_oz167x_v1.fd

I just replaced the ozmosis.ffs module from my previous F16g bios. Rebuilding ozmosis into F16h seems to be more trouble than it is worth right now.

Can't say if it is fully stable as I also upgraded my GPU to a 1060 and have been busy troubleshooting boot issues with the new card.

If we get a release of this Open Core thing the Oz team is talking about I may build that into F16h.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to make a lot of changes to my system to finally get Sierra booting. Still waiting on Nvidia to release GTX 1060 web drivers...

First, 2nd revision bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qujqrb4p0v9v0m/16g_oz167x_v2.fd?dl=0

Next, new Defaults.plist:

Generate new SMBIOS info using Macmini6,2

also make sure csr is disabled with the following key

<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
	<key>csr-active-config</key>
	<integer>103</integer>
</dict>

Finally, remove DSDT.aml from /EFI/Oz/acpi/Load in efi

Optional? update to latest Fakesmc.kext

• 2 weeks later...

Had to make a lot of changes to my system to finally get Sierra booting. Still waiting on Nvidia to release GTX 1060 web drivers...

<dict>
	<integer>103</integer>
</dict>

I didn't see your post until today. Thanks for the bios.  I grabbed another 167X-MASS from another forum... Seems like Nvidia Web drivers only display a picture when set with iMac13,2 or higher on Sierra.  Unfortunately, that breaks my Macmini6,2 4K 60Hz support.... Stuck with using 30Hz mode on 4K + iMac13,2.  

Any luck getting picture with the Web Drivers after boot with Macmini6,2?

<dict>
	<integer>103</integer>
</dict>

Hey asstastic, do you know if this one works with rev 1.0 boards?  Also I'd like to reuse my current SMBIOS info which is set to iMac13,2 will that be an issue?  I have the onboard video enabled as well as an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780.

No guarantee of compatibility with rev 1.0 boards. If you have a dual boot windows installation then you can back up efi partition and test for yourself. This is why we have mobo with dual bios no?

I definitely can switch back and forth from my backup and main bios, just wanted to know if you knew before I tried.

• 1 month later...

I will be checking for sure, but last I checked, this methiod allowd me to boot into all versions of OSX from 894M. but again, I need to check again due to a change recently. without fakeSMC.kext loading until after system has started.

CODE

nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:OSK="from a real mac"

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:OSK="from a real mac"

HBP

• 1 month later...

Hello:

I'm trying to install Sierra on a GA-Z77X-UD5H ver 1.1.

This is a clean install. I've used PMagic to create a Boot partition.

​I'm fairly familiar with Linux so the commands are very much the same.

I have access to a mac mini and have the install media.
I also have a GTX 660 video card.
I can,t seem to fine the FakeSMC.kext you are stating.
I would like to only use the OZmosis bios rather than a bootloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

I can,t seem to fine the FakeSMC.kext you are stating.

FakeSmc.kext is in the hwsensors binaries dmg download at this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/files/HWSensors.6.16.1372.Binaries.dmg/download

I've updated links in the first post to the new Sierra compatible Bios and defaults plist. Install instructions are the same as El Capitan with the exception that you should skip copying the DSDT to the EFI partition.

So I must be doing something very wrong.

I can't get any of the Ozmossis Bios here to boot any Apple OS.

The best is the apple logo and half way through I loose video and it freezes. 

I have a older 1479 ozmosis bios from http://hackintosh-info.dethat I used to install  Yosemite.

I added your Intel kext and all is working., but I can't seem to get any newer OS.

I will keep trying. I just think it strange i have the same board with all this trouble.

Sounds like an issue with SIP which prevents the system from loading unsigned kext files and was introduced in later os revisions. Make sure you are using the ozmosis defaults from the first post (after inserting your own serial number of course) and clear the system nvram to remove any previous settings.

If you still have issues, turn on verbose boot mode so you can see what part of the boot process the system is hanging up at.