EP45T-UD3LR Loses USB After Yosemite Install

Luthraz

4 posts in this topic

I've been dealing with USB problems since installing Yosemite on my EP45T-UD3LR mobo. Basically, the ports randomly work and don't work. Some provide power but never read properly, Only two of the 8 rear USB ports read (the ones nearest to the ethernet port) and my external case USB ports also work. I've insured the 3.0 kext from mb is no longer installed but that made not change. 

Also, My 3.0 USB Card will work with a driver from CalDigit kext but it's still pretty unstable as well, I.E. my Logitech cam freezes up the PC whenever I plug it in, data transmission feels intermittent. 

I used mb for the install as well as a custom DSDT. 

Find generic USB kext in S/L/E and move the {censored} to Desktop . Repair permissions etc. With this board Apple USB kext should work no problem. Also add kext-dev-mode=1 to your boot flags.

Ps. You can check what kext your USB3 card using at the moment with DPCIManager (great app)

Luki, here is my current Chameleon list, kext-dev-mode=1 was already in there. Still no luck after deleting Generic USB and repairing permissions/rebooting. Sometimes the USB ports work, other times not. I'm starting to wonder if it's a Power Supply issue where all my components aren't getting enough juice as my WiFi card was acting weird until I unplugged some stuff from my USB 3 card (which also seems to work intermittently. Any other ideas?

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>