Clover Boot Menu - How to auto-select a partition/HDD?

XTuga

6 posts in this topic

I have my system installed using Clover boot loader and every time I was ask to select a HDD to boot. Before I had a count down that was 5s and then by default it choose one HDD, now I don't find a way to don't show the menu (I was able to do it before in Clover Configurator) and don't even have the count down of 5s.

My question is, how can I tell Clover to don't show the boot menu and start by a default HDD?

I already find that website and try with 0/-1/5 and nothing is always stuck there -_-

btw, when I try "fast" option check I get this:

eR498Phl.jpg

I will try install everything again in other HDD to see if was some weird bug O.o

Clover can't find any hard drive info in your config.plist, so it defaults to the boot screen with no count down. You will need to specifically define the hard drive for it, at which point it will auto select the drive and give you the countdown at boot.  I have found the easiest way is to use the GUID for the specific hard drive you want to auto boot. You can get the GUID number by looking through the boot log in Clover Configurator. At some point during boot, clover will scan all of your drives and display their info. In the boot log it will show the drives it finds, plus the GUID associated with each one.

When you have the GUID of the you want to boot from by default, add it to config.plist under DefaultVolume like in the link above and you should be good to go.

• 1 year later...