Niresh Yosemite on amdfx, ati radeon 6570, only boots with -x flag

cregboran

3 posts in this topic

After a lot of time and attempts to make my hackintosh working I'm here to kindly ask for your help.

I used the latest Niresh distro of the Yosemite system. I was already running Windows 8.1 on 1TB hard disk, and I have installed Mac OS X on another 150GB hard disk.
Here are the specs of my PC (you can view them better in the images attached, but I write them too, to make the thread more visible on search engines):

CPU: AMD FX-4100
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990XA-UD3 (Socket M2)
Graphics: 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6570 (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Monitor: Acer P225HQ (1920x1080@60Hz)
Network: Controller Realtek PCIe GBE Family
Peripherals: PS/2 Keyboard and USB Wireless Mouse
Audio: I don't actually know

To boot into the installation I used the boot-flags/kernel-flags:
/amdfx npci=0x3000

Doing this I can reach the installation menu and I can successfully install Yosemite.
I don't customize anything during this phase.

When I reboot, to make it work I have to use these boot-flags/kernel-flags:
npci=0x3000 -x

Then I reach the setup wizard, where the only strange thing I have to do is select "my computer doesn't connect to internet"; if I don't do this it returns to the initial menu of the startup wizard, where I have to select my language.
I can make a new user without problems, then I reach the desktop and I let Niresh complete the installation.

The resolution is 1920x1080 and it all looks good, the only strange thing of the graphic is that animations are quite slow and there are some minor glitches sometimes. However, it seems to work good out of the box.
At this point I have no audio, no internet, and the system can't recognize my peripherals, like the USB key I used to install the system itself. I can see them, through the disk utilities, but i can't actually open them, even if they're formatted in hfs+. So i use paragon hfs+ to transfer files from windows to mac os, and by now, the only thing i have made working is the ethernet card. I used a .kext named RTGNICv2.0.6For10.7. After this, internet works.

Here comes a list of problems that i would like to fix:
- my keyboard has to be unplugged and then repugged to work correctly at every reboot
- i have to use -x
- audio doesn't work
- usb are recognized but i can't access them
- at last, the installation doesn't install chameleon bootloader, even if i saw that the option is checked in the customize menu. When I reboot without my niresh usb key i log in directly to windows.

The main problem i would like to fix, and that i hope to have help with, is the -x flag. I think that solving it can make my hackintosh a lot more stable, but i've tried a lot of solutions and i don't know what else to do (also because I don't know which is the problem in the first place, consider that I'm a real newbie in hackintoshes). I personally think that there is some kind of trouble with my graphic card, maybe some missing kext or some missing boot-flags. On other forums I read that it can be a fakeSMC problem. When I try to update my graphic kexts it will result in a mess, and i'm not able to view anything.

• 1 month later...

So did you ever get this solved? I'm having the same issues... Running an AMD FX Chip with GTX970 and Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard. I have Mavericks up and running but no NVIDIA support for my card :(

Try starting clean from a vanilla installation if possible . Niresh's distro broke tons of things on people's Hackintoshes, due to their way of "provisioning" which happens randomly plus possibly spy wares

For the keyboard issue, you should look into your DSDT and apply USB fixes (googlefu RehabMan DSDT patches, sometimes work with desktop too)

Audio, download Toleda's codec detector, then apply the patch (again, Google for toleda audio patch github)

Also, install bootloader by downloading Chameleon/Clover, install it.

But honestly, if I were you I'd start fresh using vanilla.

Don't worry about slow animations, my GTX 780 got that too (weird, eh)