• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Obviously this is sad news, especially for those of us who were hoping for an update for ESXi 6.5 compatibility, guess I'll have to downgrade to ESXi 6!

Nevertheless I completely understand your decision. Thank you for all the work you've put into this project over the years, hopefully someone comes along and takes over :)

I have a probable solution to ESXi 6.5 so my parting shot will be to try and finish it up and release before the end of the month.  I have enjoyed working on the unlocker plus all is predecessors, and I am pleased it has been of use to many in the community.

Thanks

beren12

beren12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for everything Donk! Sorry to see you go but I understand. You've been a great resource and have a ton of patience helping people.

Compix

Compix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I really hope you get ESXi 6.5 fixed... :/ But I'm okay with you retiring I've been a happy user of your unlocker for years... ;) I just hope somebody takes over the project so we can keep enjoying OS-X with VMWare because eventually there will be VMWare Workstation 13 & ESXi 7 and so on.. :) Thanks for all your work thru out the years... :)

saqibBhatti

saqibBhatti

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am trying to run unlocker 2.0.8. When I run win-install file in command prompt using Administrator account, I get the following error.

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VMware\\VMware Workstation\\vmwarebase.dll

My OS is Win 10 64 bit.

VMWare workstation version is 12.0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vmware unlocker

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy