Workstation 11/12, Player 7/12, Fusion 7/8 and ESXi 6 Mac OS X Unlocker 2

Donk

691 posts in this topic

The file is available at a different link on this site:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/339-unlocker/

Has anyone had success installing after applying the 2.0.2 unlocker?  It's not recognizing the ISO image that I used previously, so I am stuck in the boot manager screen.

I've success installing Mac OS on Fedora 21 (Vmware 11.0.0 build-2305329) :D using 2.02 cheers

Thanks for this quick release!

On Windows 8.1 64bit I had to remove the Admin Level check from the win-install.cmd (and from win-uninstall.cmd) to make it work. It would always run into the "Administrator privileges required!" message, if run as administrator or not.

Now it works fine.

Alternative fix for virtual HW11 and SMC core dump. You can set the default virtual SMC to be version 0 for your VMware installation by adding:

smc.version = "0"

to the config file which holds default settings for the host.

Windows: %PROGRAMDATA%\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini

Linux:       /etc/vmware/config

OS X:       /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/config

• Like 5

The file is available at a different link on this site:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/339-unlocker/

Has anyone had success installing after applying the 2.0.2 unlocker?  It's not recognizing the ISO image that I used previously, so I am stuck in the boot manager screen.

You ca install using a usb stick....I actually have a macbook, so i create a usb bootable Yosemite and than I boot up from USB, the rest is like a normal installation....you need to install the VMwareTools in order to have 128MB Graphic Crad and being able to use other features but everything went smothly.

PS: remember to ADD: smc.version = "0" 

end of VM .vmx file and it boot straight away  :)

• Like 1

I've applied 2.0.2 to my Fusion 7 installation and it seems to have applied OK. But I saw something in the release notes that suggests that 10.5 and 10.6 client OS checks aren't bypassed yet. I do hope this is still on the table. For now I may have to go back to Fusion 6.x for this. I have some old device drivers that the vendor simply hasn't updated beyond OS X 10.5. So I keep one around speicifically when I need to use this hardware.

Does it seem feasible that 10.5 may get some love in this unlocker, or is it a hopeless cause? I've seen a variety of threads about unlocker 2.x, so perhaps there is mention of this elsewhere that I've missed... so redirections to other threads are appreicated. :)

I've applied 2.0.2 to my Fusion 7 installation and it seems to have applied OK. But I saw something in the release notes that suggests that 10.5 and 10.6 client OS checks aren't bypassed yet. I do hope this is still on the table. For now I may have to go back to Fusion 6.x for this. I have some old device drivers that the vendor simply hasn't updated beyond OS X 10.5. So I keep one around speicifically when I need to use this hardware.

Does it seem feasible that 10.5 may get some love in this unlocker, or is it a hopeless cause? I've seen a variety of threads about unlocker 2.x, so perhaps there is mention of this elsewhere that I've missed... so redirections to other threads are appreicated. :)

I am still trying to find a way to disable the check. It is very different from the previous version of VMware and I am not sure that it is easily fixable..

Hi! First of all I'm not an expert, so I need you help! I've followed all the steps, and everything went fine, but now I create the VM with OS X 10.8.6 and when I'm gonna start it, it gets stuck with a warning sayin "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine"

With VmWorkstation 10 it was fine, no error. I have no idea what could be happening.

Pleaseeee!!! Any help? Thanx.

First of all, thanks Donk for your work.

For those of you that don't have sound on Mavericks or Yosemite, add this lines to the vmx file:

sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.virtualDev = "hdaudio"
sound.fileName = "-1"
sound.autodetect = "TRUE"
sound.pciSlotNumber = "36"

Maybe the pciSlotNumber will be different (31 - 37) but it works for me.

On Yosemite, the interface keeps going slow with the last version of VMware, but I've found an app ("BeamOff") wich disable a propertie called "Beam Sync".

Personally, I'll keep using Mavericks. Yosemite looks good but it's so slow.

beamoff.zip

Hi! First of all I'm not an expert, so I need you help! I've followed all the steps, and everything went fine, but now I create the VM with OS X 10.8.6 and when I'm gonna start it, it gets stuck with a warning sayin "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine"

With VmWorkstation 10 it was fine, no error. I have no idea what could be happening.

Pleaseeee!!! Any help? Thanx.

What CPU do you have? AMD?

• Like 1

First of all, thanks Donk for your work.

For those of you that don't have sound on Mavericks or Yosemite, add this lines to the vmx file:

sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.virtualDev = "hdaudio"
sound.fileName = "-1"
sound.autodetect = "TRUE"
sound.pciSlotNumber = "36"

Maybe the pciSlotNumber will be different (31 - 37) but it works for me.

On Yosemite, the interface keeps going slow with the last version of VMware, but I've found an app ("BeamOff") wich disable a propertie called "Beam Sync".

Personally, I'll keep using Mavericks. Yosemite looks good but it's so slow..

Sorry for my bad english.

Exactly my own choice, excellent Yosemite also, with beamoff not slow, but too heavy on HW with fan always to turn. Mavericks instead run very light and smoothly.

when i run the win-install.cmd 

it starts and in the process it shows 

patching:

python27 dll could not be extracted

how to deal with that?

Are you running with an elevated command prompt as mentioned in the readme.txt?

It's an intel i7 4910mq. Thanx for your help.

OK 10.8 does not support i7 you have, so you need to fake an earlier CPU. Read MSoK's post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290949-how-to-install-os-x-10x-snow-leopard-lion-mountain-lion-mavericks-and-yosemite-in-vmware-workstation-10-or-player-6/. His excellent guide has the cpuid mask you need.

Hey,

Firstly, thank you for updating the unlocker. I have used 202 and it ran successfully on a Windows 8.1 computer.

When I opened VM Workstation 11, however, the option for MAC OSX wasn't there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Just paused the win-install.cmd and saw the following error: -

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VMware\\VMware Workstation\\vmwarebase.dll'

win-install is not working for me. It opens the cmd window and it automatically closes it (yes I'm running it under admin privileges).

VMware is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation

CPU is a Haswell Pentium G3258

Hey,

Firstly, thank you for updating the unlocker. I have used 202 and it ran successfully on a Windows 8.1 computer.

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VMware\\VMware Workstation\\vmwarebase.dll'

Are you running it with administrator priveleges as mentioned in the readme file? This error is because there is a process running with the DLL loaded.

win-install is not working for me. It opens the cmd window and it automatically closes it (yes I'm running it under admin privileges).

VMware is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation

CPU is a Haswell Pentium G3258

Do you have any more details, as I cannot see what is causing the console window to close? How are you running the win-install.cmd, from a command line prompt?

Hey,

I think before launching Win.install with administrative privileges, you should close all running processes of VMware.