Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Thanks, I've downloaded, if you want delete the link. After repair, when starting the laptop display turns on after 15 seconds. It works just as well on Windows, but OS X is not working. Thanks for files!

I'm sorry but I think I'm not fully understanding. You mean that NOW (with or without the patched files) screen takes 15 seconds to light turn on but then you are able to see Clover. From there Windows is bootable but OS X is not and therefor you are attempting the patched tables. Right?

Please send me all patched because does not work :(. You did not understand, my english is bad unfortunately. When powering laptop(keyboard and power lamp lights) lasts 15 seconds until  the logo appears 'LENOVO'. From here I believe that there are still problems with the motherboard. Now I am writing on the laptop with 10.11.3, but not work Graphics full acceleration QE/CI. I have sound, internet etc.  When using auto-patcher from intruder16 nothing happens, like locks. I've even used config.plist from you. I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in /S/L/E. I have glitches and only 7MB  :worried_anim:

P.S. With auto-patcher from intruder16 I tried to re-patch old DSDT/SSDT from 10.10. Patch which has functioned laptop in the past. Now I can not even extract tables from Clover.

....When powering laptop(keyboard and power lamp lights) lasts 15 seconds until  the logo appears 'LENOVO'. From here I believe that there are still problems with the motherboard....

If i have to guess, i would say that you have a "hardware issue". 

....Now I can not even extract tables from Clover.

If you cannot extract tables from clover, you can try to flash BIOS again (guessing you have a working Windows). It may work or it may not. Playing with BIOS is a dangerous thing. I nearly bricked my own pc playing with some arcane options in modified BIOS. Now i have lost the functionality of the "novo" button. It doesn't work most of the time but sometimes.

Warning: I have no idea what's going to happen. You might end up with a "bricked" pc.

That is the story ''I screwed up. I changed a setting in the BIOS to the graphics card and now there is nothing on the screen.I removed the CMOS battery but has NOT reset BIOS. It has a jumper or something? I copy a stock bios file(from Lenovo website,i use 7zip to extract) on a flash drive (named Yx01.bin). I made the flash drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. I holding down fn+r then plugging in the power adapter and finally pressing the power button(1 second) while still holding down the fn+r keys.Nothing happens :(. I just changed in the BIOS restart delay(video) from 100ms to 300ms.I'm doing wrong? How upgraded to the factory? Thanks for your help! " The service tell me when I changed delay video i burn the north bridge. The service change the north bridge but now the screen turn on very hard. I mean in 15-20 second after press the power button. The service tell me if I flash again bios even is original from Lenovo is possible to brick forever.

The service tell me that: Don't update the bios/don't flash bios/ don't mooding again bios.

There are a couple of things you should know. I've posted about this before. There are two BIOS in the motherboard. Primary and Secondary. You can change one with other in case your laptop's not booting etc. You might want to give >this< a read and the posts onward. The pics about primary and secondary BIOS is >here<. I've never tried it, but there are positive reviews after doing this in that thread i linked. If your laptop's not booting, you have try from all different angles as you can.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: The service guys don't always have the solution. Even if they do, they don't even try.

EDIT: Just saw you've been on that thread before.

I don't have the equipment to swap bios chips. I believe that manage the service, that I have the delay screen start. I don't know that really do, they said '' I replaced the north bridge "

I'm out of words for now. I really hope for you to figure this out.

Hello guys

This guide is perfect for me

I am only restart problem

I have not broadcom wifi card. i use usb asus wifi n series

System shotdown ok

Restart problem . please help

Thank you ...

Hi. I will not be able to provide any through support for any other hardware component not listed in the guide simply because I don't have it and I can't experiment. But at least you should provide exact model of your WiFi device (there are many of them in n-series). Additionally, many of external devices problems with hackintosh can happen with real macs as well provided that the hackintosh have working usb ports. Search for the problem (with the exact model name or device/vendor ids) and you may find a thread about it somewhere even on Apple website.

I give up. I lost entire day to make DSDT/SSDT. I am not capable to extract tablet. I remain only with Windows. Good luck with hacking!

Sorry for that. I can't comment on the hardware issues so I may not be helpful here but I have a couple of questions on my mind:

1. You say you are not able to extract tables and I assume you mean from Clover. Have you tried extracting them from Windows (since you can boot into) or from a Linux USB (if you are able to boot from)?
  2. Any other problems you can see from Windows? try to generate a report from Aida64 and check for hardware changes over what you originally had before sending it to service. 
  3. I already sent you all my patched tables that works on my PC, how did it go on your side??

Finally, reading BIOS tables should go through south bridge and you only had north bridge broken and replaced so I can't figure out what's wrong with extracting table or using patched ones.

I do not know how to extract tables from windows :(. Have not Linux. With yours patches not working, no boot. If i delete  IntelGFX of 0x04128086 in Clover, to  IntelGFX of 0x0 boot with 7mb video. I do not think the service changed the bridge north. I've seen here https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/3546-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod/&page=73  someone who has the same problem. I have to look how it can extract tables from windows.

I managed to extract from windows. Have a look and tell me if are ok. https://mega.nz/#!pkJkzIqT!Nb4s1dkn-14M9cGfWIXNXXANpulesfRNOc752BeDt-Y  I extracted all SSDT, from what I understood all are not necessary. I'll try tomorrow to  patch. I reinstalled captain and now he starts with your DSDT/SSDT and config.plist, just does not have graphics acceleration(7mb).

I do not understand why you have SSDT-0 SSDT-1. In the tutorial is listed SSDT-6 and SSDT-7. Yes i have 4700MQ, the only difference is I have touchpad Elan. The processor works properly from what I've seen in Intel® Power Gadget.

I managed to extract from windows. Have a look and tell me if are ok. https://mega.nz/#!pkJkzIqT!Nb4s1dkn-14M9cGfWIXNXXANpulesfRNOc752BeDt-Y  I extracted all SSDT, from what I understood all are not necessary.

Good. I will take a look once I log into OSX.

I do not understand why you have SSDT-0 SSDT-1. In the tutorial is listed SSDT-6 and SSDT-7. 

I listed like that in the guide because that's the actual numbering you get when you extract the tables so people don't confuse. The autopatcher, however, rename SSDT-6 and SSDT-7 to SSDT-0 SSDT-1 but in general it does not matter as long as you set SortedOrder correctly in config.plist. 

I installed another version of Clover and worked to extract https://mega.nz/#!Mp4hnDiB!Utqcya_9jAf9FbU9aklW3s5iHhwsRaG2KI2uciF0vrw Now I have the following problem. Temp folder is created, copy the original files appear.

I believe the Auto-Patcher generate log files which is very helpful in this case so find and attach them to investigate. You may also want to post and discuss this in Auto-Patcher's main topic to get better support from the tool's developer.

It is far too complicated for me :)). I do not understand how I run the script from a different location. Files are automatically downloaded to that location. And another thing  the Auto-Patcher saves in origin 1 DSDT and 7 SSDT(0-6).  Here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305122-dsdtssdt-auto-patcher-for-lenovo-y510p-ideapad/  intruder16  says it must be 8 SSDT. Thanks for all your help!

It is far too complicated for me :)).....

Not at all :D

....And another thing  the Auto-Patcher saves in origin 1 DSDT and 7 SSDT(0-6).  Here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305122-dsdtssdt-auto-patcher-for-lenovo-y510p-ideapad/  intruder16  says it must be 8 SSDT. Thanks for all your help!

You may have dGPU (Nvidia) disabled in BIOS. That could explain why you don't have 1 SSDT. I cannot check it as I'm away from my pc. I'll probably go home tomorrow. In the mean time, i think @ahmed can help you.

Don't give up just yet.

Yes is disable. I have Uma only. Yap, I don't no how to change directory etc :)). When you have time please write exactly how to write in terminal thanks.

I already showed you how to change the directory and to correctly run the script on the other thread. Here I quote myself:

cd ~/Downloads/Y510p-OS-X-master
./Y510p.sh -t ~/Desktop/USB_ON

You should execute both commands in terminal in order. The first line starts with cd (which means change directory in UNIX terminal world) followed by the new location. The second command obviously runs the script. Both commands are fairly easy and straightforward and I think you can manage here.