Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I still have glitches on the menu bar (I can resolve the issue via log out/in).

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x04128086</string>
</dict>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a260006</string>

What's going on? :(

Thank you very much and merry Christmas!

Hello guys! I still have glitches on the menu bar (I can resolve the issue via log out/in).

What's going on? :(

Thank you very much and merry Christmas!

This is a glitch that should be fixed using a 9MB cursor framebuffer patch to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. If you have followed this guide (graphics section), you should have already redirected to this page and from there you will be linked to a post that contain the mentioned patch:

<dict>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100006000</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100009000</string>
</dict>

You do know where to put that block of code in config.plist, don't you? Besides, if you have used the config.plist I attached to the guide, it should have the patch there already. Just make sure to clear the kexts cache and reboot a couple of times and it will be applied. Let me know if you need further help on this.

Merry Christmas to you too  :santa:

Hello.

First of all thank you for your wonderful guide! I used it to install El Capitan on my Y510p and worked quite perfectly! After receiving my new WiFi card and installing it, I had some problems with the video flickering that I didn't have before. I decided to reinstall everything since I had a backup. Now I got one major problem with audio: even patching AppleHDA using the dummy file I still have no device in system preferences. I checked and I don't have either AppleHDADisabler or VoodooHDA installed.

Another thing I wanted to asked is: after using autopatcher and installing FakePCIID (in /S/L/E) files for graphic card I was still getting gliches even if in the system information I had 1500+MB on the video card. After moving FakePCIID kexts to Clover/kexts/10.11 I solved it. Any explanation?

I'm adding my patched tables, my config.plist and both the dummy kext and the real ones if you have time and need to check them.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Happy New Year!! :D

Edit:

I just noticed that even in the backup, after I install FakePCIID for WiFi card, audio device is gone, while before it was there.

Config_tables_audio.zip

Edited by akyrey

Hello.

First of all thank you for your wonderful guide! I used it to install El Capitan on my Y510p and worked quite perfectly! After receiving my new WiFi card and installing it, I had some problems with the video flickering that I didn't have before. I decided to reinstall everything since I had a backup. Now I got one major problem with audio: even patching AppleHDA using the dummy file I still have no device in system preferences. I checked and I don't have either AppleHDADisabler or VoodooHDA installed.

Another thing I wanted to asked is: after using autopatcher and installing FakePCIID (in /S/L/E) files for graphic card I was still getting gliches even if in the system information I had 1500+MB on the video card. After moving FakePCIID kexts to Clover/kexts/10.11 I solved it. Any explanation?

I'm adding my patched tables, my config.plist and both the dummy kext and the real ones if you have time and need to check them.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Happy New Year!! :D

Edit:

I just noticed that even in the backup, after I install FakePCIID for WiFi card, audio device is gone, while before it was there.

Hi, glad this guide helped you.

You would be surprised that most of the issues you are having are related to SIP (System Integrity Protection) that was introduced with 10.11. With this feature on, no modified or non-system kext will be loaded from /S/L/E which explains why the AppleHDA dummy kext did not load and the problems with graphics if FakePCIID kext(s) were installed in /S/L/E. We have to turn off SIP in order to get these kexts loaded (from /S/L/E) and working and from what I see in your config.plist, you did not put the code to turn SIP off. Go to the downloads section and download the config.plist for 10.11 which will have all the necessary things to get you working including turning SIP off.

a00a0de9f06d12eb.png

By the way, loading kexts from Clover is irrelevant from SIP and that's why the graphics problem was fixed when you moved the kexts to Clover/kexts/10.11 but the problem is that some kexts have to be installed in /S/L/E to function correctly. 

One more thing, I checked the dummy kext you posted and I believe it was created using earlier version of the patching script. That old script had a bug that appeared with 10.11.1 and prevented AppleHDA from loading at all. I have updated the script on 7/12/2015 to address this bug and you are advised to try creating the dummy kext using the latest version which is available here: Y510p-OSX-AppleHDA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it is not much to ask, would everyone reading this (who is hackintoshing Y510p) list any extra kext he is using other than the ones mentioned in the guide?

Seriously. I need to yell at you...

THANKS!

I've done similar work for the community and found not even a handful of 'thank you's compared to 6-digit download numbers way frustrating at times. What you're doing is awesome and you (and everyone who put so much effort in making a complete guide like this possible) saved me an entire working day at least. If you accept donations, I'd be happy to buy you a couple beers!

These are the non-apple kexts I'm running:

$ kextstat | grep -v com.apple | awk '{print $6 $7}' | sort
Name(Version)
com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet(2.0.1)
org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Controller(4.5)
org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2Keyboard(4.5)
org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2SmartTouchPad(4.5)
org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(1394)
org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager(1.60.5)
org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID(1.2.4)
org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux(1.2.4)

What cost me a lot of time was recognizing that setting DropOem to true is crucial for custom DSDTs to work. Now that I know how everything works and what's actually happening, this seems obvious to me as well.

However, for someone who doesn't know what's going on a hint might be useful!

Have a great day!

j2

edit: Compatible Wifi/BT cards seem to be hard to get ahold of (remotely reasonably priced) in Germany. For the time being I'm using the latest pre-release version of HoRNDIS to get a Wifi connection by USB tethering my Android phone.

When I'm at the office I plug in Ethernet anyway and when I'm not, I usually use Kubuntu. So usb-tethering is a reasonable workaround for me to get a WiFi or LTE connection

• Like 2

Seriously. I need to yell at you...

THANKS!

I've done similar work for the community and found not even a handful of 'thank you's compared to 6-digit download numbers way frustrating at times. What you're doing is awesome and you (and everyone who put so much effort in making a complete guide like this possible) saved me an entire working day at least. 

I don't know what to say but I'm really happy with your words. And yes you are right, most people are of the hit-n-run type and they make it hard for those who are willing to contribute to continue but I stopped caring about them. Compared to what others (like Rehabman for example) are doing, I'm doing nothing! but still I'll try to keep giving the small contributions as much as I can.

If you accept donations, I'd be happy to buy you a couple beers!

Thank you but I don't accept any. Your words and appreciation is more valuable to me (and everyone contributed here) than any donation.

These are the non-apple kexts I'm running:

Thanks for the info. So all the non-Apple kexts at yours are already available in the guide. I needed to know this (although no one ever replied other than you).

What cost me a lot of time was recognizing that setting DropOem to true is crucial for custom DSDTs to work. Now that I know how everything works and what's actually happening, this seems obvious to me as well.

However, for someone who doesn't know what's going on a hint might be useful!

This guide is not what it used to be. When I started the guide it was very informative and covered all the details (what to do, what not to do, and the reasons) as far as I knew. However, time after time I found that people are really lazy to read. No matter the time I spend on modifying and enhancing the guide (for them) they still do not read and keep asking about things I already covered in the guide. I found that most people want to have their computer working no matter how even if they don't learn anything. Therefor, I started to remove parts from the guide where there are details people will skip as long as there is a tool to do it for them. For example, there used to be a mention to every DSDT/SSDT patch needed but now all gone since intruder16 introduced his tool to auto-patch the tables. Another example is the config.plist which I used to give more details about it but now just the basics since I attached fully working files to be used.

The DropOem is something I already configured withing the config.plist I attached unless you recreated your config.plist from scratch.

edit: Compatible Wifi/BT cards seem to be hard to get ahold of (remotely reasonably priced) in Germany. For the time being I'm using the latest pre-release version of HoRNDIS to get a Wifi connection by USB tethering my Android phone.

When I'm at the office I plug in Ethernet anyway and when I'm not, I usually use Kubuntu. So usb-tethering is a reasonable workaround for me to get a WiFi or LTE connection

That's good alternative but is it reliable? What about sleep/wake with that?

The DropOem is something I already configured withing the config.plist I attached unless you recreated your config.plist from scratch.

Actually I didn't even notice there was a plist attached :blush:. I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to get the system isntalled, so I skipped right ahead to the post-install part.

That's good alternative but is it reliable? What about sleep/wake with that? 

For me it works like a charm. 

Actually I didn't even notice there was a plist attached :blush:. I used ##### to get the system isntalled, so I skipped right ahead to the post-install part.

Now I understand ...

For me it works like a charm. 

That's great! I will add that to the guide because many people are not able replace the internal WiFi card easily .. thanks!

Hi! I got almost everything working. Intel HD is working almost perfectly, but HDMI is not working. Can you help me with that? I'm attaching IOReg and my Clover config.

Define not working?

PS: I was waiting for someone to complain about HDMI on 10.11 as I don't have my monitor anymore to test with.

When i connect it to TV it shows no signal. When i connect it to monitor it goes to stand-by mode. Lenovo does not give any output through HDMI.

The HDMI definitely worked in 10.10 .. I just did not have the chance to test with 10.11. I will test this whenever I get a hold of an HDMI monitor (soon .. maybe tomorrow).

Ok. Thank you very much.

You're welcome. I will look at them now ...

PS: The HDMI audio works correctly too:

a5310bfa6d4cd037.png

... Can you check if this config which I attached earlier is correct?

I just took a look ... there is not any problem that I can see in config.plist. The only thing I noticed is that you are using MacBookPro11,3 SMBIOS .. not sure why.

The IOREG, however, shows something not correct (at least with AppleHDA). Post you DSDT and list the kexts you are using (and where are they installed).

Okey, so that's list of my kexts:

Installed in Clover directory:

ACPIBacklight.kext		FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext		FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
ACPIKeyboard.kext		FakeSMC.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext	RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext	
CodecCommander.kext		

/S/L/E
AppleHDA282.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID.kext	

I will change SMBIOS and check if it maybe helps. I'm attaching my DSDT:

EDIT: Never mind, It looks like changing SMBIOS helped.

DSDT.zip

EDIT: Never mind, It looks like changing SMBIOS helped.

Great !!

Although, there are a lot of differences between your patched files and mine. Of course it depend on choices you made while patching but still there are things that looks strange to me. If you still care, send me the original files (extract them again fresh from Clover using F4).

Hello mate!

I've installed 10.11.2 on my y510p, everything is working fine (except some graphic glitch) but I cannot shutdown properly: when I try to reset or power off, I can see that finder is closed, but I remain on my Desktop (the mouse is working with the arrow). 

Anyone of you knows how can I fix it?

Hello mate!

I've installed 10.11.2 on my y510p, everything is working fine (except some graphic glitch) but I cannot shutdown properly: when I try to reset or power off, I can see that finder is closed, but I remain on my Desktop (the mouse is working with the arrow). 

Anyone of you knows how can I fix it?

For the glitch, tell me more about it ...

For the shutdown problem, it appears to be a software problem .. it might be some application or service preventing OSX from shutting down ... try a new profile .. I never had such a problem though, nor that anyone reported something like that.