Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Ahmed I have used intruder16 patch to build dsdt and yes while putting it to sleep I have my WiFi dongle pulged in

Remove it before attempting sleep then try and see if sleep/wake works or not.

Strange bug it worked next time when I put it to sleep it wakes up automatically

Grap another log and post it here. Try to select the recent log using timestamp and no need to put it all here.

Here is the log 

Time stamp                Domain              	Message                                                                    	Duration  	Delay     
==========                ======              	=======                                                                    	========  	=====     
UUID: AC6D27BC-061C-4BB4-A08F-773551022D0F
2015-07-13 10:55:56 -0700 Sleep               	Entering Sleep state due to 'Idle Sleep': Using AC (Charge:86%)            	10 secs   
2015-07-13 10:55:59 -0700 PM Client Acks      	Delays to Sleep notifications: [com.apple.apsd is slow(2524 ms)] [discoveryd is slow(3140 ms)]           
2015-07-13 10:56:06 -0700 Kernel Client Acks  	Delays to Sleep notifications: [powerd is slow(3143 ms)] [AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(1290 ms)] [AppleIntelFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(346 ms)] [AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(456 ms)] [ApplePS2Controller driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(617 ms)] [IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 4)(1249 ms)] [EAPDFix driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(1303 ms)] [PRT5 driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(2804 ms)]           
2015-07-13 10:56:06 -0700 Notification        	Display is turned on                                                       	          
2015-07-13 10:56:06 -0700 Wake                	Wake [CDNVA] due to XHC/: Using AC (Charge:86%)                            	          
2015-07-13 10:57:55 -0700 Assertions          	PID 1160(UserEventAgent) Released BackgroundTask "com.apple.FileStatsAgent" 00:01:47  id:0xb0000035f [System: No Assertions]	          
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2015-07-13 08:02:24 -0700 :12   Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:0

Time stamp                Domain              	Message                                                                    	Duration  	Delay     
==========                ======              	=======                                                                    	========  	=====     
UUID: EF12B3F3-0097-479D-819B-B56FA65C498A
2015-07-13 11:03:18 -0700 Notification        	Display is turned off                                                      	          
2015-07-13 11:03:18 -0700 Assertions          	PID 29(powerd) Created InternalPreventSleep "com.apple.powermanagement.darkwakelinger" 00:00:00  id:0xd0000037b [System: SRPrevSleep kCPU]	          
2015-07-13 11:03:19 -0700 Notification        	Display is turned on                                                       	          
2015-07-13 11:03:20 -0700 Kernel Client Acks  	Delays to Sleep notifications: [AppleBacklightDisplay driver is slow(msg: SetState to 0)(982 ms)] [AppleIntelFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(344 ms)] [AppleHDADriver driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(457 ms)] [AppleIntelFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(814 ms)]           
2015-07-13 11:03:33 -0700 Assertions          	PID 29(powerd) TimedOut InternalPreventSleep "com.apple.powermanagement.darkwakelinger" 00:00:15  id:0xd0000037b [System: SRPrevSleep kCPU]	          

2015-07-13 11:04:54 -0700 :Showing all currently held IOKit power assertions
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
No kernel assertions.

Here is the log

I still see the wake related to one of your USB devices. Make sure to set the system to sleep without any USB device and also check your DSDT if it has USB correctly patched.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zh1m4cj5wzv8fuw/tables.zip 

Heres the link to Tables have a look

Do you think I should re patch tables 

How did you dropped your tables? I see that your 3 SSDT files are in some kind of dynamic folder. Please delete your tables and if you are on clover bootmenu press f4. Before doing it, go to the BIOS and set your graphics to discrete. And after this patch those again. Those tables are now located in EFI/EFI/ACPI/original. Your patched ones you have to put into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and there should be I think 4 files. I think the easiest way is this:

1.Drop tables

2. Make folder called DSDT onto desktop

3. Copy your files into DSDT folder

4. Patch those

5. Put patched files into EFI.

To patch those files use these commands in terminal if you have working internet connection:

git clone https://github.com/intruder16/Y510p-OS-X.git

cd Y510p-OS-X

chmod +x Y510p.sh

./Y510p.sh -t /Users/TarvoMaesepp/Desktop/DSDT/

TarvoMaesepp is your account name

Just in case someone needs this, I made few charts demonstrating ACPI tables structure, which tables are important and the output of Auto-Patcher.

image.png

image.png

image.png

This, of course, assumes not using Auto-Patcher option to keep CPU-related tables (which did not prove any performance gain on my machine anyway). Also Auto-Patcher will rename the resulting SSDTs but I kept the original names so the reader knows which one is patched and which is dropped.

ahmed_aid, could I ask you for a link to the wifi card you used?

I ended up ordering http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IFYEYXC/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item and it is blacklisted. 

I seen the model number was slightly different but thought I could get away with it.

I don't want to get into bios modification if I don't have to. 

If you have a link to the exact card you used (retail link, preferably) I would really appreciate it.

Sorry to bother, feel like a noob having to ask. But my first gamble cost me $40. lol.

P.S. Thanks for the chart on the SSDT and DSDT stuff. I have to admit I have everything seemingly working, but have very little understanding of how the SSDT/DSDT stuff works. That chart makes it a lot more clear.

ahmed_aid, could I ask you for a link to the wifi card you used?

I ended up ordering http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IFYEYXC/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item and it is blacklisted. 

I seen the model number was slightly different but thought I could get away with it.

I don't want to get into bios modification if I don't have to. 

If you have a link to the exact card you used (retail link, preferably) I would really appreciate it.

Sorry to bother, feel like a noob having to ask. But my first gamble cost me $40. lol.

No problem at all, this is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ThinkCentre-M92-M83-M93-E93-y410p-y510p-BCM4352-AC-WLAN-BT4-0-wifi-card-03T7135-/271531253214

P.S. Thanks for the chart on the SSDT and DSDT stuff. I have to admit I have everything seemingly working, but have very little understanding of how the SSDT/DSDT stuff works. That chart makes it a lot more clear.

Glad it helped  :)

Ok so last night I got anxious and did the bios mod. Had 0 problems getting it done, and the whitelist was gone.

Windows worked fine, tested the card, all was well.

Everything in OSX was broken. It was like a fresh install (graphics glitches, no touchpad, no backlight, etc). But all my injected kexts were still there, all my patches for clover still there.

Just curious why that would happen. I could understand it messing with dsdt and ssdt's, so I deleted the patched versions from clover, but still, everything was broken.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to fresh install, which is fine. I'm just curious why this would happen.

Also, is there any reason that this guide wouldn't work on a modded bios?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I was just completely baffled when osx booted broken.

Just curious why that would happen. I could understand it messing with dsdt and ssdt's, so I deleted the patched versions from clover, but still, everything was broken.

I would guess the same. We always advice to patch your own ACPI tables even if you and I having the same model and BIOS version. Now you are using someone else's BIOS with probably different tables so you should extract them and patch from scratch.

Also, is there any reason that this guide wouldn't work on a modded bios?

Not true. I know of at least one active member (intruder16) in this thread who is using modded BIOS. It should be noted that intruder16 developed the auto-patcher we use to patch our tables and it works on modded or original BIOS.

I would guess the same. We always advice to patch your own ACPI tables even if you and I having the same model and BIOS version. Now you are using someone else's BIOS with probably different tables so you should extract them and patch from scratch.

Not true. I know of at least one active member (intruder16) in this thread who is using modded BIOS. It should be noted that intruder16 developed the auto-patcher we use to patch our tables and it works on modded or original BIOS.

Yeah I expected some bugs to appear from a bios swap. But for everything related to patched kexts, I still don't understand how different bios broke them. It was my own bios, patched to remove the whitelist. Not from someone else's machine. But OSX was installed while I was running v3.08, and freaked out when I was on modified 3.05.

I restored my backed up bios as a test, and osx remained broken.

Very weird. I understand how ACPI would break, I even expect it. But patched and injected kexts shouldn't care about bios settings, should they?

But knowing that intruder16 also runs the modified bios, I think I may give a fresh install a try with the modified bios.