Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Hey guys!
OS X El Capitan (11.6)
I've installed and configured everything - it all works, however, none of the touchpad gestures work. I do have voodoo and I'm sure I have a synaptics touchpad and the touchpad itself works, but I cannot scroll with two fingers or things like that. I don't really care about gestures but is there at least a way to fix scrolling?

updated to macOS 10.12.4 , and hanged at apple logo and progress bar, then updated CLOVER manually from linux and it now boot and login successfully , so as a tip from tonymacx86.

Tip for anyone having issues with 10.12.4:

The macOS Sierra 10.12.4 update requires Clover_v2.3k_r3994 or newer. Otherwise kext injection doesn't work and you may get issues with sound, graphics, etc. 

would you please share your efi partition folder and the list of kext file you are using, thanks and sorry for the bothering

Work in progress ...

bj6u8Pz.png

how you are showing cpu temp using hwmonitor because i downloaded the last hwsensors .dmg file and i put all file included in it (except fakesmc) on /S/L/E but it didn't work, i also copied tried to cpy them on efi clover kext 10.11 folder but i didn't work either

how you are showing cpu temp using hwmonitor because i downloaded the last hwsensors .dmg file and i put all file included in it (except fakesmc) on /S/L/E but it didn't work, i also copied tried to cpy them on efi clover kext 10.11 folder but i didn't work either

Work in progress ...

bj6u8Pz.png

I installed all the new fake sensor kexts from the first post links (most recent ones from RehabMan) and I have those sensors.

However what I'd like to know is how you got your fan rpm there! Was it difficult or a simple kext? I'd like to have that information as well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I updated my laptop from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 yesterday. But now I can't open it. It stucks on this screen everytime while I try to open my hackintosh. Any help ? Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/s54fU

Edit : Btw I tried to boot from bootable Sierra 10.12.3 USB disk. ( Because I thought that maybe I can replace existing Clover file with Hacked one which you have released) But I've came across with the same issue again.

I need to update xcode and I was wondering How to update system. Should I install system again or can I just click update in app store.

@edit

I tried making new usb installer but I failed twice. Did something happenned with sierra 10.12.4?

@edit2

I read in some post above that it might require newer clover. Would you be so kind and update usb efi? :) or could you tell how to update it myself

@edit3

I managed to create bootable usb but final efi on my ssd is overwhelming me :/

https://mega.nz/#!wmhCQISa!zvC5blRgfnKFpBUBbZlK6p6R84J2xJb_JO7Zb-2uVvw< this is link to bootable usb version of clover if someone needs it

I hope you guys have had your problems solved. I'm sorry I'm of no help but I don't use Sierra ....  :cry:

Hey guys!

OS X El Capitan (11.6)

I've installed and configured everything - it all works, however, none of the touchpad gestures work. I do have voodoo and I'm sure I have a synaptics touchpad and the touchpad itself works, but I cannot scroll with two fingers or things like that. I don't really care about gestures but is there at least a way to fix scrolling?

Sorry I was busy of late ... do you still have the problem?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have problem with Sierra 10.12. I did everything from that guide, I have installed all latest kexts etc., reinstalled like 4 times to make sure that I did everything correct and every single time I got this error. I don't know how to fix it. Can someone help me? Thanks

post-2136174-0-91016500-1497197784_thumb.jpg

config.rar

I use Sierra 10.12.3 on my Lenovo Y510p Laptop without any problem. But sometimes I open my laptop and I see that my graphic card doesn't work normally. What I mean is when I'm moving my mouse on the dock I see slow motions. After I turn my laptop and disassemble my battery. When I turn on again I see that I don't have any problem with my graphic card (HD4600). Do I have to do this everytime or I can solve this problem ? 

My second quesition is about my fan control. Is there any solution to control my fan speed or not ? 

Thank you for all answers. :)

would you please upload your efi folder and list the name of kext your are using for sierra

please for those who have sierra working properly, would you please upload your EFI folder and the name of kext you are using, 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I've got another silly problem!
I tried to update few things with files Rehabman-battery-2017-0428 and Intelbacklight-2017-0226.
Now my Google Chrome acts weird, the image on screen gets distorted. If I use other browsers, it is fine(so far, i think). And turning off accelerator in Chrome helped to minimize the effects, before half of the screen was unseen. The "flickering" affects everything I can see on screen, until Chrome is hidden or closed(when accelerator was turned on, only restarting the computer and not touching Chrome "fixed" the problem"). Does anyone know, why it happens? I deleted my updates done by installed files, but it had no effect whatsoever. I also reuploaded EFI, just in case it would do anything, and nothing changed :\

I also have another version of OS X on ideapad(same Sierra, as in previous case), and it stopped working after trying to update Sierra through App Store, freezes on loading screen(I know it was dumb idea). Is there a way to roll back changes? maybe there is a way to access Time Machine via terminal before loading any OS X?

Thanks, hope to find a solution, that will not involve reinstalling. I'm so tired of fixing my notebook that I feel like going gray xD

I followed the guide again and got mostly everything working. The problem I have is brightness does not work even with the right kext, and weird audio noises can be heard when using headset as if the driver stops and starts. Also using voodoo trackpad is not treated as a trackpad and thus is not disabled when a USB mouse is plugged in. 

I used better touch tools to get forward and backwards button working on my mouse. It also lets me set ctr alt up/down as brightness controls and that would works fine for me if the brightness actually changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there a way to use HDMI and DP/VGA at the same time? Can you help me to achieve that, because I need third monitor and now I only use one via HDMI. But seems DP/VGA doesn't work. Well don't remember but probably DP/VGA doesn't work at all for our laptops?

Yes there a way to use HDMI and DP/VGA at the same time? Can you help me to achieve that, because I need third monitor and now I only use one via HDMI. But seems DP/VGA doesn't work. Well don't remember but probably DP/VGA doesn't work at all for our laptops?

Regarding the VGA port, no.

Now for the third monitor, I found this after a primitive search: Plugable USB to VGA Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Displays up to 1920x1080

135625594279643.jpg   b72f65594279763.jpg

Some reports this works under Mac OS as well, not sure about hackintosh though.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need some help here...

I followed the guide and created a bootable usb.

At step 4 (4. Preparing OS X USB Installer) , since I am using Sierra as my Mac OS, I have to use newer version of CLOVER which is r4200)
So, after I have done MacOSX Installer, I installed Clover r4200 and copied the EFI folder to EFI partition.

After that, I replaced the config.plist from the 
USB Installer EFI folder at the Download Section.
I copied 
1. FakeSMC.kext

2. VoodooPS2Controller.kext
to CLOVER/kext/Others

I also followed this guide
Installed 
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext by using Kext Wizard
Copied FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext to CLOVER/kext/Others
Modified config.plist with 

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
 <key>FakeID</key>
 <dict>
   <key>IntelGFX</key>
   <string>0x04128086</string>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
  <key>Inject</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Intel</key>
   <true/>
  </dict>
  <key>ig-platform-id</key>
  <string>0x0a260006</string>

Then I also followed 6.1.2 Fixing OS X boot graphic glitch
Copied the part for Sierra

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.x</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	AQAAdSU=
	</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	AQAA6yU=
	</data>
</dict>

But I still get garbled screen on the installation page. Sorry I couldn't provide the screenshot but I gave a photo from internet.
I have garbled screen on this page (The Language Selective page)
Screenshot_12.png

Just in case you all need my EFI folder : EFI.zip
Please help me, I have struggled on this for a week.

Didn't get what's exactly the problem?

Btw anyone tried macOS High Sierra?

And I am thinking of an upgrade, but what could possibly go wrong? I mean If failed, a way to go back?

Hi, I'm sorry but I'm still on 10.11.x El Capitan and I have decided earlier to skip Sierra. So I can't be much of a help, sorry again, I hope someone else would.

Hi I have decided to give up on sierra and install El Capitan, 

but then in the Mac OS setup page, my keyboard and touchpad can't working, 

I can't create account because of this...

I'm using Installed System Clover (Whole folder), I saw you writing the " Choose any of the SSDTs provided depending on the keyboard&touchpad kext you use and put that SSDT into patched folder", I don't know how to do this and I skipped. 

Is this causing the problem? How do I do this?

Please guide me, thank you very much!!!

Hi I have decided to give up on sierra and install El Capitan, 

but then in the Mac OS setup page, my keyboard and touchpad can't working, 

I can't create account because of this...

I'm using Installed System Clover (Whole folder), I saw you writing the " Choose any of the SSDTs provided depending on the keyboard&touchpad kext you use and put that SSDT into patched folder", I don't know how to do this and I skipped. 

Is this causing the problem? How do I do this?

Please guide me, thank you very much!!!

Hi,

Download the zip from the downloads section (Clover_FULL_EFI_10.10-10.12_SSDT-HACK)

Unzip it. You will see 3 items one is clover.zip and the other two are the required trackpad and keyboard ssdt hacks.

copy your trackpad ssdt hack.

unzip the clover.zip file and navigate to clover -> ACPI -> patched. Paste the file there.

Now copy the clover folder and paste it in the root of EFI (In your USB drive).

Now you can use your keyboard and trackpad.

Hi,

Download the zip from the downloads section (Clover_FULL_EFI_10.10-10.12_SSDT-HACK)

Unzip it. You will see 3 items one is clover.zip and the other two are the required trackpad and keyboard ssdt hacks.

copy your trackpad ssdt hack.

unzip the clover.zip file and navigate to clover -> ACPI -> patched. Paste the file there.

Now copy the clover folder and paste it in the root of EFI (In your USB drive).

Now you can use your keyboard and trackpad.

Thank you, I have done my installation.

Now just need to work on post-installation...

Everything is not working, wifi, audio and etc.

Finally get my post-installation done about 90%
Just saw that the wifi cant work with the original network card... 
Planning to buy the network card like @ahmad_ais
Now bluetooth cannot work also because the network card right?

Using smarttouchpad, but found its default setting too complicated.
I know that it can be customized but haven't checked the way of cuztomization yet... because I have worked for whole day on post-installation.
Tired and gonna rest now...

Hi, I'm sorry but I'm still on 10.11.x El Capitan and I have decided earlier to skip Sierra. So I can't be much of a help, sorry again, I hope someone else would.

Didn't get what's exactly the problem?

Btw anyone tried macOS High Sierra?

And I am thinking of an upgrade, but what could possibly go wrong? I mean If failed, a way to go back?

Hi,

This morning my perfectly working El Capitan suddenly got problem with booting super slow and lagging.

So I reinstall it.

But then cannot works like previous.

Facing audio problem with volume increment glitches (It doesn't increase one by one but continuously)

And also broken bass when volume is high...

I reinstall AppleHDA fix so many times but still didnt work, I have to say that before I reinstall the mac os, it worked.

Please guide me thanks

22171724_10214116398013744_524971609_o.j

22199257_10214116398613759_956725644_o.j

This morning my perfectly working El Capitan suddenly got problem with booting super slow and lagging.

So I reinstall it. But then cannot works like previous.

This is unfortunate. However, I suggest you start clean. Reinstall while wiping OS X partition and literally follow the guide here and you will have the results you want. If you have the same hardware as I do, you should expect to have the same output if you follow exactly the same steps.

Note: you don't need to make multiple quotes, just quote what is relevant and nothing more to keep the topic clean. Thanks.