Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

For me is okay that flag.

At least we knew where the flag came from.

My problem is Intel HD graphics, don't work, only 7mb. Now I installed web drive. I don't know way don't work with your CLOVER folder

I don't have the setup you do so I can't give any helpful advice. I can only say that the last zip I shared was for the USB installer. The actual setup of OS X needs different EFI setup which is available in post #1 but it only support Intel HD Graphics and I don't know how it would work in your case.

I have the same laptop like you. The single difference is gtx 970. The gtx 970 it is linked via mini pci(Wi-Fi slot).

Of course I copied folder CLOVER from page 1. I posted the folder on post where is nvram.

Yes I know, I remember when you talked about that. I just can't test anything without the exact same setup in hand. What I can say now is that if Intel HD work fine when you disable the GTX 970 then Clover is doing its job correctly. Otherwise, disconnect GTX 970 completely and let's discuss the problem.

If I disconnect gtx 970 laptop restart instantly :). Restart instantly after I copy it CLOVER folder on EFI. I tried to start from USB, the same problem, restart. Tomorrow I install again and delete nvram like you said. Thanks for helping!

Hey, I just installed Sierra, but cant boot it without USB. I've installed it with the updated Clover/EFI from the post above.

After the installation I downloaded Clover EFI for the ssd/hdd(your from the guide) and copied it to the HDD, tried to boot and stuck again in loading, checked in verbose, the same error.

Then came back into Sierra and copied only the config from USB and replaced it with the the on the HDD, and still I am stuck there.

Hey, I just installed Sierra, but cant boot it without USB. I've installed it with the updated Clover/EFI from the post above.

After the installation I downloaded Clover EFI for the ssd/hdd(your from the guide) and copied it to the HDD, tried to boot and stuck again in loading, checked in verbose, the same error.

Then came back into Sierra and copied only the config from USB and replaced it with the the on the HDD, and still I am stuck there.

The same error? the Clover folder for ssd/hdd attached in first post is the one I'm using on my machine. Unless you are doing something wrong, I have no other suggestion. Just make sure you are following the guide:

• Download CLOVER zip from Downloads section and unzip it into your HDD/SSD EFI partition (you may need to use Terminal to mount it first) 
  • Restart and boot from USB again, select “Clover Boot Options”, and choose “Add Clover boot options for all entries”.
  • Restart without USB and Clover will boot off the EFI partition and you can boot straight into MacOSX.

Yep, that what exactly I did.

Will do it again later at the day, but there is nothing to do wrong here.

Just using replacing EFI files on the HDD with Clover_FULL_EFI_10.10-10.12_SSDT-HACK ones, right?

Hey, I just installed Sierra, but cant boot it without USB....

Did you install clover on HDD after installing Sierra?

...After the installation I downloaded Clover EFI for the ssd/hdd(your from the guide) and copied it to the HDD, tried to boot and stuck again in loading, checked in verbose, the same error.

Post EFI/Clover directory from your HDD.

Make sure you use the latest clover.

I reinstall on ssd without gtx 970 connected.

1 installed last clover

2 installed kext on S/L/E

3 replace CLOVER folder from EFI partition

4 add serial bios from clover configurator with plist.editor

5 delete from config.plist vdps2, I have smart touch pad

Stuck there, see photo.

post-1130290-0-18803700-1475607255_thumb.jpg

I reinstall on ssd without gtx 970 connected.

1 installed last clover

2 installed kext on S/L/E

3 replace CLOVER folder from EFI partition

4 add serial bios from clover configurator with plist.editor

5 delete from config.plist vdps2, I have smart touch pad

Stuck there, see photo.

Clover folder from efi part.

Sorry, can't find the problem  :no:

The solution is obvious from the pic you uploaded.

@ahmed_ais,

Take a look at your config.plist. It has no "Graphics" section. 

Also, use a proper SMBIOS. Easy way is to use "Clover Configurator". But beware it'll mess up your config.plist file. Better way is to use a dummy config to create SMBIOS using cc and copy the data over to your main config.plist.

I downloaded CLOVER folder from page 1. I copied config.plist to desktop from CLOVER folder. I opened with clover configurator and I made o serial number. After that I opened config.plist from EFI partition with plist.editor and copy/paste serials from configurator. I don't understand why config.plist don't have graphics.

@ahmed_ais,

Take a look at your config.plist. It has no "Graphics" section. 

Also, use a proper SMBIOS. Easy way is to use "Clover Configurator". But beware it'll mess up your config.plist file. Better way is to use a dummy config to create SMBIOS using cc and copy the data over to your main config.plist.

I don't need the Graphics section as I have all the properties in Devices > Arbitrary. Not sure about your SMBIOS statement because my SMBIOS is just fine and I boot from it no problem.

...my SMBIOS is just fine and I boot from it no problem.

It doesn't have a "Serial number". Booting doesn't mean working.

It makes no sense and I can't seem to find a single reason to leave that field empty. 

Care to explain?

I downloaded CLOVER folder from page 1. I copied config.plist to desktop from CLOVER folder. I opened with clover configurator and I made o serial number. After that I opened config.plist from EFI partition with plist.editor and copy/paste serials from configurator. I don't understand why config.plist don't have graphics.

Skip using Clover Configurator. It's buggy.

It doesn't have a "Serial number". Booting doesn't mean working.

It makes no sense and I can't seem to find a single reason to leave that field empty. 

Care to explain?

Mine, on my PC, does have a serial number (and it boots & works just fine !!) . The one bogdangepe uses does have a serial number. The only place where a serial number does not exist is within the clover zip I put in downloads section and I clearly state that a serial is missing:

• Installed System Clover (Whole folder). This have almost everything needed for 10.10, 10.11,10.12. It lacks SMBIOS serial number. Choose any of the SSDTs provided depending on the keyboard&touchpad kext you use and put that SSDT into patched folder. [NOTE: due to the keyboard problem for Sierra, it won't matter which SSDT table you choose as keyboard shortcuts for volume and brightness will be broken anyway, until a fix is up]
    • Clover_FULL_EFI_10.10-10.12_SSDT-HACK: Link

It is by intension so everyone should create his own serial number. Why? it is widely known that sharing SMBIOS serial numbers results in Apple blocking some features of the OS for that serial number (Facetime for example). I could have removed the SMBIOS section altogether but it doesn't matter as the user should still generate the SMBIOS along with a serial number of his own. Am I the only one who remove the serial number field from a template config.plist? nope, take a look here.

I have already read about the "It lacks SMBIOS SN" part in OP.

Mine, on my PC, does have a serial number (and it boots & works just fine !!) . The one bogdangepe uses does have a serial number. The only place where a serial number does not exist is within the clover zip I put in downloads section and I clearly state that a serial is missing:....

I know that already.

....Why? it is widely known that sharing SMBIOS serial numbers results in Apple blocking some features of the OS for that serial number (Facetime for example).....

Then you should also know that those services does not *only* depend on SN. Without a valid MLB & ROM, facetime *for ex* will never work. Even if they do block it, it was never a real cloned SN from other mac!

Serial number was never the "issue" because most of the serial numbers generated by Clover Confgurator are *valid* just not registered to Apple.

In short, it was never the issue with SN but using SN with MLB, ROM, UUID values etc.

...but it doesn't matter as the user should still generate the SMBIOS along with a serial number of his own..

Agreed. But not everybody wants to use *those* features of macOS. Some just want to use it for development not social networking. Generating MLB, ROM etc is also not that noob friendly.

...It is by intension so everyone should create his own serial number. ...

I agree. But in the rush of installing and configuring macOS, most people would forget to do this. So providing that info already won't hurt anyone.

...take a look here.

RehabMan is a known genius. He also has an automated installing and post-installing method setup.

Anyway, that was just a suggestion, meant no offence.

Over and out.

Edit: Forgot to say, you still haven't removed obsolete code from your SSDT's. I have also updated CPU SSDT geneerated using pike's script. Not sure if there are major changes but update just in case. The one you are using was made when 10.10.3 was released.

... Anyway, that was just a suggestion, meant no offence ...

Hey it's all fine. I agree with what you said that it takes more than a serial number to be on the safe side. It wouldn't harm me to add one to the file anyway although the current way forces people to think and maybe to search about it.

On the other side, I would like if you weight in more with the guys here who are having troubles installing Sierra. I toke the upgrade route and apart from some technical issues that I had, the process went fine. I don't have the installer app anymore and no USB and no bandwidth to redownload so I'm not of great help here. Tackling issues that I never saw without tools to attempt reproducing those issues is hard at times.

Edit: Forgot to say, you still haven't removed obsolete code from your SSDT's. I have also updated CPU SSDT geneerated using pike's script. Not sure if there are major changes but update just in case. The one you are using was made when 10.10.3 was released.

I got these sorted out already and CpuPm SSDT that I'm using currently is new as I thought to regenerate it when I was experimenting with IGPU. I will update the links in downloads section once I'm done with some experiments I'm conducting.

Well, I f**d up mine and keyboard is not working, so I have to reinstall it again but it will be when I am free, may be later at the night or tomorrow don't know. 

I am glad that the thread is opened again and we can help each other :)