Black screen with GT 440

nube

6 posts in this topic

Hi, so i installed the niresh yosemite and everything works except the GT440 that i have so far managed to make it appear at system info as EVGA GT440 1024MB. But if i boot i get a black screen unless i use nv_disable=1. What can i do? i tried the web drivers but didn't work.  Mavericks setup was so perfect!

I upload my iron and DSDT

iMac.ioreg.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes by default, but my question is: Now in yosemite do i need the dsdt? I used to need it in Mavericks for correct alc889 sound support, but out of the box everything except the graphics works without dsdt. The thing is when i first didn't have the DSDT I still had black screen with or without web drivers. The only thing that changed was when i tried to add the SMBIOS to the info plist in the stock kext so that my system recognises the gfx card as a full 1024MB and not 3MB card.

But I don't have sound issues in Yosemite, just the gfx card that gives black screen unless i use the disable flag. I tried what you said, took out the dsdt and the no disable flags and I get another black screen. 

Check here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302979-how-i-got-my-gt-640-to-work/?p=2089989

I use graphicsenabler=no, but you may require =yes I believe. 

If you are on 10.10 all you will need to do is download the DP1 NVDA drivers (linked in the post I provided) and place them on your desktop. Then install them into your system with KestBe... Monster ;)

If you are on 10.10.1 follow the guide. Obviously you will need to boot with nv_disable=yes to get into the system.