Clover bootloader: Windows doesn't boot

fermolino

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've Clover as bootloader and if I try to start windows from that, windows just doesn't start: black screen. It just starts if I boot it from the bios selection. With Chameleon I had no problems at all.

Can you help me to fix that please?

Cheers
S.

When Clover boots how many Windows partitions can you see?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I see three partitions. I select Microsoft Efi.... but then Clover comes again; the others two doesn't work at all (black screen). I used this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and I've a GA-Z87X-UD3H. 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I see three partitions. I select Microsoft Efi.... but then Clover comes again; the others two doesn't work at all (black screen). I used this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and I've a GA-Z87X-UD3H. 

What happens when you try to load the EFI.. jumps back to Clover Boot?

Are you sure Windows is running on a UEFI install? The black screen happens when Clover (UEFI) tries to boot Windows (Legacy). Chameleon is a legacy bootloader, which is why it would have worked for you before. I had a similar issue until I reinstalled windows from UEFI install disk, at which point Clover boots it just fine.

What happens when you try to load the EFI.. jumps back to Clover Boot?

That's right.. it just jumps back to Clover Boot!

I had an old version of clover installed, and it worked without issues. .. I think ?!

Windows is not in UEFI.

Cheers.

I installed windows in UEFI mode and I solved, thank you!!