Clover installer doesn't recognize HDD in Dell T5500

hirion

8 posts in this topic

A few days ago I installed Yosemite to a T3500 Dell Precision with Clover - it works inpeccably (I found the guide on OSX Latitude).

But there is a T5500 Dell which I have serious problems with. The problem is that the Clover Yosemite installer doesn't recognize my HDD (BIOS raid auto AHCI mode enable).

It recognizes Intel ICH10 AHCI Version 1.20 supported, but the device is "unknown".

Can anybody help me with that?

ps: Until now I have installed OSX with Chameleon method and I don't really know Clover.

Thanks,

Hirion

I don't think there is a problem with the HDD because I have installed Snow Leopard with myHack installer onto it and it works. But with Chameleon method I get a black screen with all systems but 10.6.

You're right, I checked your post on Latitude forum (you wrote to somebody about this), with DSDT editor I extracted the T5500's DSDT, and the configured value is 4. Do I understand you correctly, that I have only to change "4" to "Zero" and save it into DSDT.aml and I put it into Chameleon Extra library?

I re-installed OSX 10.9 then updated it step by step (10.9.1, 10.9.2, etc.) so I could see when it went wrong. After 10.9.2 it doesn't boot. I think there is a problem with AHCI configuration, because it is understandable that Yosemite installer (Clover method) didn't recognise HDD because it couldn't mount it. As an experiment I copied from 10.9 installer AHCI port.kext and in another Hackintosh I copied it to 10.9.5 system extensions library. When I tried to boot, it showed me a scored apple.

Do you mean that I should write in into boot option that PciRoot=4?

What do you mean: "verify your patched DSDT table and re-run myFix (quick) to rebuild permissions + cache" = repair mission extra library?

Isn't there a kext or patch for this AHCI problem which works?

Thank you very much,

Hirion

UPDATE: I've found on an OSX 86 site a repairing guide for problems very much the same as my T5500:

"Hello, again i have updated to 10.9.4 successfully, only i have to rollback to SAS drivers from 10.9.1. Apple has changed in 10.9.2 and it was the problem of "waiting for root device". Update 10.9.1 from Luigi with OSX1094 Combo Update then delete /System/Library/AppleHPET.kext and replace the extensions with this provided by me (It's from 10.9.1). Then you can restart. If you update and restart without changing extensions you can't boot."

I've tried installation and I could update it up to OSX 10.9.5. But when I installed Yosemite the mouse and the main board didn't work. I don't know how to make .plist. How can I make these kexts compatible to Yosemite?

The repairing guide modified the following kexts: AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleAHCIPort.kext, FakesSMC.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext

Thanks,

Hirion